Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Batman: The Agony of Loss and the Madness of Desire, part 4a just went up

http://www.mbird.com/2012/01/batman-the-agony-of-loss-and-the-madness-of-desire-pt-4a/

So "The Wounds of Discovery" (i.e. part 4a) just went up on Mockingbird.  This is good news for two reasons, it shows I've finished some new stuff and that Mockingbird is back up and running. This is exciting for me as this year is the 20th anniversary of one of the finest and most important cartoons in American childrens' entertainment in the last, well, twenty years. 

This is even more fun for me than when I collected my thoughts for the tenth anniversary of The Powerpuff Girls.  I know I might be getting most of my traffic by blogging about "that" place and "those" subjects so I feel like I should mention that if you come here you may find some massive rambles on cartoons you may have never heard of (like my ramble on Eureka Seven as an anime exploring child abuse from earlier this month.  Or you might end up seeing me write a bunch of stuff that covers music by Ferdinand Rebay (you've been warned that's coming); or I might finally get to my career overview of the d'Amore Duo and discuss what I think of the duo's role in the admittedly rarified realm of chamber music for oboe and guitar.  And, of course, I'll blog about "that" church and related topics just as I'll link to Mockingbird or Orthocuban or the Boar's Head Tavern. 

Oh, yeah, I kinda forgot to mention I'm a fellow at the Boar's Head Tavern now.  Much thanks to Fearsome Tycoon and J. S. Bangs for suggesting I be a fellow at the Tavern but particularly to Fearsome because he's been the strongest proponent of that.  Now might be a good time to note that just because I use a pen name doesn't mean I'm trying to be anonymous.  And, uh, it also does not mean I came from Wenatchee.  I'm originally from Oregon with a background in the Assemblies of God and went to a little school by a canal. That means I have three things in common with Gordon Fee. Isn't that awesome?

Ahem, anyway, "The Wounds of Discovery" are going up on Mockingbird and I hope you enjoy the essays.

No comments: