I have not covered all of the recordings of Rebay's solo guitar sonatas and chamber music in this list but it is a fairly thorough list in terms of trying to cover the recordings of the seven solo guitar sonatas and chamber music including the guitar. Many of the releases cluster around Brilliant Classics and Naxos, which won't surprise anyone who has kept tabs on recordings of Rebay's music. So, here we go.
Guitar Sonatas
by SoloDuo
https://www.naxos.com/CatalogueDetail/?id=STR33859
Catalogue No: STR33859
Barcode: 8011570338594
This album features the guitar sonatas in A minor (no. 2) and D minor) with
some duos
Guitar Works,
Leopoldo Saracino
https://davinci-edition.com/product/c00322/
EAN Code: 7.46160911519
https://davinci-edition.com/product/c00556/
EAN Code: 7.46160913902
This includes Sonata No. 1 in E major for solo guitar, which is probably my favorite of Rebay's seven solo guitar sonatas
Catalogue No: 9.70073
Barcode: 730099707312
This album includes the sonatas for oboe and guitar in E minor and C major
Catalogue No: 8.573992
Barcode: 747313399277
Features the sonatas for violin and guitar in E minor and C minor as well as the sonata for viola and guitar (D minor)
Complete Music
for Viola and Guitar by Duo Imperial
https://www.brilliantclassics.com/articles/r/rebay-music-for-viola-and-guitar/
Cat. number 96303
EAN code 5028421963037
Pretty much what it says on the title.
Complete Works
for Clarinet and Guitar by Luigi Magistrelli (clarinet) and Massimo Laura
(guitar)
https://www.brilliantclassics.com/articles/r/rebay-complete-music-for-clarinet-guitar/
Cat. number 94171
EAN code 5028421941714
The stand outs here are the sonatas for clarinet and guitar in D minor, A minor
and the sonatina in B flat major
Sonatas for
flute and guitar by Maria Jose Belotto (flute) and Gonzalo Noque (guitar)
https://www.brilliantclassics.com/articles/r/rebay-flute-and-guitar-sonatas/
Cat. number 9291
EAN code 5029365929127
Cat. number 9250
EAN code 5029365925020
full line-up is Gonzalo Noqué on guitar; Alicia Fernández-Cueva on flute; Raúl Galindo on violin; Pedro Michel Torres on viola; and Jacobo Villalba on cello
Complete Music
for clarinet, flute and guitar (Esteso Trio)
https://www.brilliantclassics.com/articles/r/rebay-complete-music-for-clarinet-flute-guitar/
Cat. number 96063
https://www.brilliantclassics.com/articles/r/rebay-complete-music-for-violin-and-guitar/
Cat. number 96176
EAN code 5028421961767
This is the newest release of chamber music
Of course I have the hardbound Ediciones Eudora volume of all seven solo guitar sonatas and I've been wanting to blog through the sonatas for years. Now that all but the second E major guitar sonata from the seven has a commercially available recording I am hoping, at some indefinite point in the future, to write about the seven guitar sonatas. Regular readers will understand that the big Matiegka project has higher priority with this being the 250th anniversary of the Bohemian composer's baptism but I have done a fair amount of work on those sonatas in the past. That said, I am not realizing that the 2023 project may bleed over into 2024 with the way IRL has been. What I lack in energy and focus for Rebay does not mean I can't give you a run-down on the albums of his works that are currently available, give or take some titles that escaped my notice or that are hard to find in online searches in the United States.
No comments:
Post a Comment