Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Alastair Roberts on the politics of Pentecost in Acts

http://www.politicaltheology.com/blog/the-politics-of-pentecost-acts-11-21/

Because, hey, it's been a while since Wenatchee The Hatchet linked to something by Alastair Roberts and because those planned blog posts on his ruminations on a certain book from 2012 never have materialized!  :(  Sorry Alastair, but perhaps you'll understand that documenting a few things in the Puget Sound area kind of took precedent over your excellent discussion with Rebecca about a book that didn't really address the biggest problems in a certain book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'day Wenatchee,

I think I've explained this here before, but in case I haven't, let me clear something up.

I asked you some time ago if you had heard the discussion by Alastair, and if I remember rightly, asked what you thought. Though my name is Alistair, I am not he (note the different spelling). And though my last name is very similar to Alastair Roberts' surname, I am not he.

So, I've written here just in case you were under the impression that he had asked you to look at his stuff, instead of a complete unrelated person.

The reason I referred you to his material was that I appreciate both your and his theological writings, and I was intrigued to see what one would say of the others' thoughts.

Of course, if Alastair has contacted you himself, or if you are addressing him without responding to my suggestion you check out his writing/recording, then this has been a wasted comment. So be it.

:)