Sunday, February 05, 2012

Internet Monk overview of 2 Cor 10-13

http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/we-use-different-tools
http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/2cor-10-13-3
http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/2cor-10-13-4

A few more links for your perusal.

It is in 2 Corinthians 10-13 that Paul defends his ministry against super-apostles.  These super-apostles had a way of commending themselves and their credentials.  Being a great and engaging speaker was important, as was testifying to one's academic cred. Seems to curiously resemble the remarks made by some guys about being apostles and prophets over the last five years and having insights and visions others don't have.  Well, Paul had to deal with those sorts of super-apostles who said he was timid and unimposing in person.  Paul found a way to boast that countered the boasts of the super-apostles Corinth was being bewitched by and it was boasting in his weakness and suffering.  I could write more but as you'll see I've had other things on my mind I've been mulling over and will post about soon.

No comments: