http://www.quatloos.com/NESARA.htm
Scams are more effective when they are linked to things that exist that don't really amount to much. That scrap of truthfulness and the appeal to avarice or genuine need. What began as Omega has over time transformed into a new variation on an old trick in the NESARA scam.
If high yield investment plan scams where the craze of the 199os it looks like hiring scams are the newest craze. It's not fun applying for a job on-line only to discover you're getting called by telemarketers about things that don't interest you.
Scams like NESARA or Omega or hiring scams exploit ignorance, greed, and need. You can think that you're too smart to get suckered but that may well be when you get suckered most. Especially in the 1990s when evangelical Christians were dreading what Clinton would do to compromise civil liberties and abuse federal power things that promised insider information that would financially liberate them looked good. As Koholeth put it wine makes the heart glad and money is the answer to everything! Why, of course it is! If you have the secret wisdom that most Americans don't have because they don't know how things REALLY work in this country then you'll become successful, right?
Thanks to some not very prudent financial decisions people I have known have made over the years I developed an approach that is probably overdone. Where many people would like to say "nothing ventured, nothing gained" I tend to think, "nothing ventured, less is lost". I know risks have to be taken but when you have seen people take risks that are disasters and turned out to be foolish risks it's hard to feel inspired to follow those examples with confidence. If a man eats his way into diabetes I can't take him seriously when he looks down on other people for their lack of self control. If a man was busily fornicating with the woman who eventually became his wife I can't take seriously his moral outrage that other people do now what he so giddily did. If a man wipes out his business ventures for lack of a sound business plan it's hard to feel inspired getting advice from that guy to be more entrepreneurial even though I actually kinda want to be a bit more entrepreneurial about music. Plus I know that most businesses don't make it very far but that isn't a reason to not try.
To get random and tie this back to my observations on prosperity teaching, things can fall apart that are beyond your control. Scams hook people by promising some form of fast and total control to change their circumstances. Jesus rebuked Pharisees by saying that if they were merely blind they would not be guilty but because they claim to see their guilt remained. The only thing more dangerous than being blind is believing that you see and telling others you can lead the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment