http://www.slate.com/id/2175940/entry/2176033/
Well, not really, but the idea that language and perceptive are like a cognitive lens through which we can see the world around us reminds me of his poems. I wrote a few poems a couple of years ago using water as a metaphor both for how it distorts and refracts light and how it is necessary for survival. My old poem "hand me your big black umbrella" had a line about being blinded by the tumbling clearness (i.e. water), or not, because of the umbrella. There are things we need that simultaneously limit but clarify our perception.
Since I go through most of my life seeing the world through one eye rather than two (the second one works, mind you, but I've never had truly binocular vision) the idea that what we perceive is not necessarily what is is not a new concept for me.
Plus this article explains why Yoda is a moron. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment