Sunday, October 14, 2007

editing music, part 4

Battling other things than dead printers this time, like updates that I couldn't get for my computer because the wi-fi wasn't working so well.

Been revisiting some of my favorite comics lately, Takahashi stuff, and mulling over how as a general leitmotif across her serialized work she explores what might easily be called the embarrassment of attachment, how we become more attached to people, places, and things than we are comfortable admitting to ourselves, let alone others. It's interesting (and since I'm talking about Rumiko Takahashi, hilarious) that she has gotten thirty years worth of mileage out of such a simple observation about the human condition.

But mainly I am also thinking about editing music scores and reading the Bible a bit, particularly 1 Peter, Isaiah, and the Psalms. I could write more but at this point I don't feel a need to.

No comments: