Even though you can download all kinds of public domain works for solo guitar by composers like Sor and Giuliani and do so for free I admit that the toughest thing to do is to take that laptop screen out on the road and about town. And the thing is that for the cost of printing a fairly large piece or set of pieces the old-fashioned bound book score is still the way to go. No loose pages floating away when you open the guitar case some slightly windy Seattle afternoon. You can shelve it somewhere and come back and know exactly what it is you're looking at.
So I have broken down and bought the studies of Sor and Giuliani. The right hand studies by Giuliani are sufficiently fantastic just going studies 1-40 I figured I should have them for the road. Travelling for work trips has reminded me that it might not even be bad to have a small cheap, backpack size guitar to take on planes as carry-on.
No comments:
Post a Comment