Sunday, December 31, 2023

a short look at the most viewed post at Wenatchee The Hatchet of 2023, from 2021

The most viewed post of 2023 at Wenatchee The Hatchet turns out to be something I published in 2021.
812 views could be at least half bots for all I don't know but it's the most viewed post of 2023 for the blog.  The analytics further indicate that those 812 views were accumulated in the last three months.  
Traffic to the blog nosedived after later 2014 and spiked during the run time of The Rise and Fall of Mars Hill before nosediving again, which is all fine.  The quality of the readers is more important to me at this stage in life than the quantity.  If people enjoy the Matiegka posts, for instance, that makes me happy.
I don't regret, though, chronicling the life and times of Mars Hill or demonstrating that Wilson and Driscoll knew of each other going as far back as 1992 and that Driscoll made no secret about his being influenced by Wilson.  I had thought to write about No Quarter November and Kevin DeYoung's paradoxical worries about the Moscow Mood after having giving a glowing review to the first edition of A Justice Primer but I had more fun things to do like watching Godzilla Minus One and adding an appendix to my 2020 treatise of sorts. 
I might have to get around to stuff like that in 2024.  I found some fun links to a round table on Reed Carlson's Unfamiliar Selves I want to share later but it might be good to actually discuss Reed Carlson's book first.
We'll have to see how 2024 blogging goes and whether I feel up to returning to earlier levels of productivity.  The 30th anniversary of Mark Noll's The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind will be upon us, after all.  John Borstlap's book will be out and a new book by Oliver O'Donovan will be out of his Gifford lectures.  Stuff like that.
I never managed to blog about Ewell's book this year.  There is, I hope, time to get to that in 2024.  Matiegka 2023 is obviously going to sprawl into 2024 and maybe even 2025.  I admit it's a hugely ambitious and difficult project but I did at least get to Op. 16 and Op. 17.
Happy New Year from Wenatchee The Hatchet.  

No comments: