Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises is not the most inspired title

but I'll go see Nolan's third and final Batman film anyway. I'll even forgive that he's using Bane, a character I always took to be a lame one created by committee just to break Batman's back. I'll also overlook that he's using Catwoman, a character I was hoping wouldn't show up. Back when The Dark Knight came out people were jonesing for Angelina Jolie to play Catwoman. Nope, not this guy. I may be one of an assumed minority of guys who doesn't think Jolie is as hot as hyped and don't find myself convinced by her actorly chops. I suppose I'll tip my hand at this point and admit that I think Anne Hathaway comes off as more attractive and interesting than Jolie. That's just how my taste in women works.

But all that is rambly patter. What I'm really here to announce is that I have begun the work on the next phase of the series of series for Mockingbird. The Dark Knight rises. I've had a lot of stuff going on by way of family birthdays this month, work search and research, and tending to an injury. But work has officially and finally (!) begun on new phases in the DCAU project.

I am also still progressing as fast as possible (not as fas as I'd like) in getting one of my compositions ready for publication.

No comments: