http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/whats-a-conservative-reading-of-song-of-solomon
It's the rhetorical question of the week at two levels, what constitutes a conservative reading of the canonical text at the first level, and at the second level, what preacher seems to have inspired the post? The first level of the rhetorical question is answered within the post. The second level is left open-ended and when I saw hints of this post coming down the pike earlier today 'twas not too hard to discern the, how do I put it, indirect object.
Gurnall, by the way, is a bit more readable than I suspected, but there is an aspect about his prose that requires it be read, at some level, out loud. There's an alement to the rhythm of his constructions that makes more sense read aloud than just in print. It takes time to get used to these older writers. Obviously I don't think Gurnall actually said aloud all of this stuff in one go. Not even Mariah Carey has pipes like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment