http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/354573_tankerprotest12.html
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/354498_eads11.html
Formal protest from Boeing. Meanwhile, it's of note that EADS, or someone at EADS, has leaked the news that the company is considering purchasing a company in the United States and possibly in the defense industry. Since the euro is in better shape than the dollar now is considered a good time to acquire some overseas companies (i.e. we're overseas for them). So, if EADS were planning to buy an American company with a background in weapons or military tech what would they get? Notrhrop/Grumman? I don't know but I got the impression after the McDonald Douglas/Boeing merger almost a decade ago that the game in aerospace tech has gotten small and only huge players can play anymore.
I guess my question at this point is that given our active involvement on multiple fronts should the United States let this happen in terms of business? If we are in a wartime economy then wouldn't it stand to reason that certain things would be good to not have on the market? My hunch at this point is that whatever EADS considers getting isn't going to be Lockheed Martin.
No comments:
Post a Comment