Sunday, December 28, 2014

2-5-2008 spiritual warfare Part 3 part 3: explaining counselee participation and the "i see things" aside.

http://castroller.com/podcasts/MarsHillChurch3/3711825
Spiritual Warfare
February 5, 2008
Pastor Mark Driscoll
Christus Victor (Part 3)


18:09
I explain the difference between demonic oppression (that's attacks and accusations and vain regrets); demonic occupation (that's internal influence); demonic possession (that's only for a non-Christian).


Number four, I explain their participation.
1. Our authority is in Christ. We don't have any authority over Satan and demons but through Jesus.

2. I tell them, "You gotta tell me the whole truth." If there's something you did and you're not gonna tell me, or there's something you're hearing or seeing and you're not gonna tell me, I can't help you if I don't know what's really going on here.

3. Tell me everything you hear no matter how odd it may seem. People hear things all the time. They hear accusations, vain regrets, lies, and I'll ask questions to the demon and then I'll tell them, "Tell me what you hear and if it sounds crazy, that's okay. Let me interpret the data."  Sometimes they're like, "I can't tell you, that's crazy." Tell me. Sometimes they'll say, "I can't, it's embarrassing." Tell me. Just tell me what you're getting. Tell me what you're hearing.

4. Tell me everything you see no matter how odd it may seem. Some people actually see things. This may be gift of discernment.

On occasion I see things. I see things. Like I was meeting with one person, and they didn't know this but they were abused when they were a child and I said, "When you were a child, you were abused. This person did this to you, physically touched you this way." They said, "How do you know?" I said, "I don't know, it's like I got a TV right here and I'm seeing it." They said, "No, that never happened." I said, "Go ask them. Go ask if they actually did what I think they did and I see that they did."  They went and asked this person, "When I was a little kid did you do this?" and the person said, "Yeah [slowly], but you were only like a year or two old. How do you remember that?" They said, "Well, Pastor Mark told me." I'm not a guru. I'm not a freak. I don't talk about this. If I did talk about it everybody'd want to meet with me and I'd end up like one of those guys on TV, but some of you have this visual ability to see things.

20:13
There was one woman I dealt with, she never told her husband that she had committed adultery on him early in the relationship. I said:


"You know (she was sitting there with her husband), you know I think the root of all this is Satan has a foothold in your life because you never told your husband about that really tall blond guy that you met at the bar. And then you went back to the hotel, and you laid on your back, and you undressed yourself, and he climbed on top of you, and you had sex with him, and snuggled up with him for a while, and deep down in your heart (even though you had just met him) you desired him because (secretly) he is the fantasy body type."

I said:
"You remember that place, it was that cheap hotel with that certain colored bedspread. You did it--you had sex with the light on because you weren't ashamed and you wanted him to see you and you wanted to see him."

She's just looking at me, like ...

I said, "You know, it was about ten years ago." I see everything.
She looks at her husband.  He says, "Is that true?" She says, "Yeah. He was 6'2", blonde hair, blue eyes. Yeah."

Some of you, when you're counseling, you will see things. You will literally get the discernment to see things. I can't even explain it. It doesn't happen all the time.

Sometimes your counselee, they will see things. I found this with people, I'm, okay,-like, "I'm gonna ask the demon questions, you tell me what they say."  They don't say anything. I say, "What do you hear?" and they say, "Nothing, but I'm seeing stuff."
"What, oh, oh. What's that?"
"I'm seeing, you know, when I was little, my grandpa molested me. I didn't know that."


I said, "Well, let's not assume it's true. Go ask your grandpa." Grandpa says, "Yeah [slowly], when you were little I molested you." Grandpa was assuming they'd be too young to remember so he'd only molest grandkids up until a certain age. But they saw it. Supernatural. It's a whole other realm. It's like the Matrix. You can take the blue pill. You can take the red pill.  You can go into this whole other world and that's the way it works.

So I say tell me everything you hear, tell me everything you see and sometimes I see things, too. I see things, too.  I've seen women raped.

I've seen children molested. I've seen people abused. I've seen people beaten. I've seen horrible things done. Horrible things done.

I've seen children dedicated in occult groups, and demons come upon them as an infant by invitation and I wasn't present for any of it but I've seen it, visibly.

Upon occasion when I get up to preach I see, just like a [makes "whif" sound] screen in front of me, I'll see somebody get raped or abused and I'll track `em down and say, "Look, I had this vision, let me tell you about it." All true.  One I had, I was sitting in my office at the old Earl building.  This gal walks by, nice gal, member of the church. This was when the church was small.  And there just like a TV was there and I saw the night before her husband threw her up against the wall, had her by the throat, was physically violent with her and she said, "That's it. I'm telling the pastor." And he said, "If you do, I'll kill you." He was a very physically abusive man. She was walking by and I just saw it. Just like a TV.  I said, "Hey! come here for a sec. ... Last night did your husband throw you against the wall and have you by the throat, physically assault you and tell you if you told anyone he would kill you?" She just starts bawling. She says, "How did you know?" I said, "Jesus told me." I call the guy on the phone, "Hey, I need you to come to the office." Didn't give him any clue. [He] comes in. I said, "What did you do to your wife last night?  Why'd you this? Why'd you throw her against the wall?" And he gets very angry, they're sitting on the couch, he says, "Why did you tell him?"  I said, "She didn't, Jesus did." Jesus did. 

There are people who are hyper-spiritual total freaks. They make stuff up.  They hear from demons. They pretend to have insight and discernment and there are some people who have real gift of discernment, and I'm not saying I'm 100% always right with it, but some of you are gonna have gift of discernment and you need to, you need to grow to learn in the use of that gift. Sometimes people will hear things. Sometimes people will see things.

24:23
And I tell them as well that pride and fear will hinder our progress. Pride meaning, "Yeah! We're gonna kick some demon tail today." Fear being, "Oh my gosh, I'm terrified." No, Jesus is big. He'll take care of ya. You'll be fine.

Number five [see the four numerals earlier]
5. I explain confession and canceling of sin. Say, look, we sin. We need to confess it to Jesus [and] be forgiven. What that does, that takes away the footholds of the enemy. And if you keep sinning and don't repent it's like you're opening up foothold and handhold and foothold and handhold. Repentance is where they go away. It's where they go away.

No comments: