Sunday, August 31, 2014

a chronology of Lief Moi's connection to MH 2007-2008 in primary documents: part 5 Lief Moi letter from November 9, 2007 describing his reinstatement as elder in June


http://joyfulexiles.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/elders-response-to-questions-11-9-07.pdf

Page 7 of 145
A letter from Pastor Lief Moi
November 9, 2007
Dear Mars Hill Members

The following is a brief account and explanation of what has transpired with me and Mars Hill Church over the past few months. I hope this gives comfort and answers to those of you who have been concerned.

In June of this year I was asked to step down from the executive team and the role of campus pastor at Ballard. The primary reason, and I believe a valid one, was that I do not have the administrative skills to run a campus the size of Ballard. [emphasis added] Although I agreed with the assessment of my lack of Kingly skills, I felt that I was being removed from a role that God had called me to and as a result I resigned from the elder board. There were many elders who spoke with me and asked me to reconsider, but at the time my heart was hard and I was not interested. After much contemplation, prayer and speaking with Pastor Mark, I asked to be reinstated as an elder and the vote was unanimous with one abstention to reinstate me.

Because of a major role change and the re-org, it was determined that my salary was to be cut by almost 40%.[emphasis added] At that time I told Pastor Jamie that I would not be able to stay on full time but would consider a part time position so I could work on other means of providing for my family.

So as of today I am working 20 hours a week in Ballard counseling on Sundays and Wednesday evenings. I need you all to know and I ask your forgiveness for times during this process that I have not thought about the gospel first but considered my feelings most important and therefore have sinned. This has been one of the most difficult times of my life but am now looking to the future with my hope in Jesus and trust in the elders of Mars Hill to lead us into what Jesus would have us do and be. And it is this that I would ask you to do as well. These men love Jesus and they love you. We might not always agree on the method but we can always agree on Jesus.

Blessings
Pastor Lief

In the same large document Mark Driscoll would field a question from a member about whether or not Moi would be doing more preaching again

No comments: