Sunday, August 31, 2014

a chronology of Lief Moi's connection to MH 2007-2008 in primary documents: part 8a Tim Beltz' role as a consultant to MH during the 2007 re-org on pay, compensation and other things

http://web.archive.org/web/20080507010855/http:/voxpopnetwork.com/vision/about/

Earliest screen capture May 7, 2008

Tim Beltz - Executive Pastor
Pastor Tim oversees the business operations team, which includes finances, real estate, technology, human resources, and new campus assimilation. Tim and his wife Patty have attended Mars Hill Church for four years. You name it, he’s done it–Tim has twenty-five years of military experience, was COO of a large non-profit, started a consulting firm, and has two grandchildren.
More about Pastor Tim.

 

Mark Driscoll on November 4, 2007

Another man we appointed to that board is a man names Tim. I’ll tell you his story. He has an MBA in not-for-profit management. He has 20 or 30 years, I can’t remember, of not-for-profit manage experience. He’s run some very large, very significant ministries. He’s consulted for very large, very significant ministries. He nominated himself for eldership. Was a faithful member of this church. And he said, “You know, I think I can help. I think my management background will help organize Mars Hill.” We said, “Okay, well what’s your proposal?” He said, “I’ll work 50 hours a week for six months free of charge. I’ll quit my well paying job. I’ll shut down most of my consulting business. I’ll reduce my expenses, live off of my savings. I’ll nominate myself for eldership. I will work for free for six months, and I’ll come under Pastor Jamie, who’s young enough to be my son, and has none of the experience or education that I do so that I can humbly serve him so that Mars Hill can become a better church.”

God opposes the proud. Gives grace to the humble. The elders vote and say, “He should be an Executive Elder and on the Board of Directors.”

No comments: