Friday, July 29, 2016

over at Comic Book Resources, review of Killing Joke states the new material falls apart in its handling of Barbara Gordon

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/review-batman-the-killing-joke-batgirl-joker/view=all

I was never concerned whether Conroy, Hamill and Strong would commit to doing a good job.  I did check out when I learned Azarello was involved with the script, since that was kind of a red flag that whatever was most exploitive in Alan Moore's original tale could get ramped up to 11 with new fridge badness if Azarello was involved. 

Which reminds me, I'm kind of wondering if they won't put Steve Trevor in a refridgerator in Jenkin's Wonder Woman film.  I hope they don't because having recently seen Star Trek Beyond I can't shake this feeling that Chris Pine would make for a more convincing Steve Trevor than a James T. Kirk.

No comments: