Wednesday, April 22, 2015

a short thought on Turner's "Good Decisions Made by the Right People", a belated vindication of the concerns of Meyer and Petry about the 2007 bylaws?

http://investyourgifts.com/resultsource2/
Posted by Sutton Turner on April 21, 2015

In my first months on staff at Mars Hill Church, the ResultSource contract was approved even though I had advised my direct supervisor against it. I don’t know who approved the plan. I don’t know what process was conducted concerning the decision, even after reviewing the board minutes for that time frame. I do know that it showed that the process of making big decisions at Mars Hill was flawed and should be fixed.
If Sutton Turner has been sharing publicly this week how broken the governance and decision-making process at Mars Hill was in 2011 by the time he arrived ... couldn't that be construed as an indirect confirmation that the objections raised by former pastors Paul Petry and Bent Meyer about the problematic nature of the by-laws that were being pushed through in 2007 were justified? 

No comments: