Saturday, January 03, 2015

2-5-2008 spiritual warfare Part 3 part 5 commentary 4 "That's why CCEF, I brokered that deal" can someone explain what the CCEF deal was that Mark Driscoll said he brokered?


Many of you represent the heart of the ground war. The ground war matters more to me than it does to you. Don't believe the demonic lie that I don't care. I founded this church in my living room. Many who are on staff I had the privilege of leading to Christ and baptizing.

Many of you in this room I've counseled, met with, officiated your weddings. The day has come to where it is I'm incapable of doing all the ground war but I care more than you do. I care more than you do. I love our people. I care for our people. I'm concerned for our people.


I want the best for our people. I really want out people to walk in the freedom of the gospel that Jesus has for them. That's why CCEF, I brokered that deal. [emphasis added] That's why the biblical training and the reliving and the reorganization, I spearheaded that. And I'm not saying in pride, "Look what I've--" what I'm saying is this, "You and me, we work together." That's what I want you to know. When you sit down with somebody in a community group or Redemption Group; or you sit down with them to counsel them in an office, or your home, or over coffee; and I stand up here and I preach and teach and write; you know what? We're working together. I love `em. You love `em. I'm doing my part.  You're doing your part. I'm hitting the masses, you're hitting the individuals and groups. I care at least as much as you do for them and I'm trusting them to you to love them, to pray for them, to care for them, and to shepherd them to point them to Jesus. It is work that I used to do almost exclusively and now there's just too many of them and I can't and it doesn't mean I don't care. But it does mean I really appreciate the opportunity to teach and to train and to help you guys think biblically because I want our people to be well-served and cared for and it means the world to me.

Can someone explain what the CCEF reference was?  The circa 2006 conference on How People Change? Time flies by and it's not always easy for even Wenatchee The Hatchet to recall what the CCEF thing was.

Naturally comments are open for this one but do be nice and keep them on topic. :)

No comments: