Tuesday, November 18, 2014

2-5-2008 spiritual warfare Part 2 part 2 commentary 2: if a Christian dating a non-Christian was demonic ... then Mark and Grace Driscoll got off to a demonic start, didn't they?

Mark Driscoll in a February 5, 2008 session teaching about spiritual warfare

A] Christian dating a non-Christian is demonic. It's not just a lifestyle preference, it's demonic. It's the ORDINARY demonic. It's not EXtraordinary. People's heads are not spinning around on their neck, you know, their eyes bugging out of their head and deep voices coming out like the bizzare Hollywood movies. It's just Satan saying, "Hmm, I'll bait the hook with a non-Christian. Good enough, whatever it takes."

https://marshill.com/2013/10/25/9-reasons-to-not-marry-someone-who-s-pro-choice
By: Mark Driscoll
Posted: Oct 25, 2013


I first met Grace, my wife and the mother of our five children, over 25 years ago in high school. I was pro-abortion. She was pro-life. We argued over the issue. I pretty much always won. I was wrong, but I was tough to debate with.

She came from an evangelical home. I came from a Catholic home. Both of our homes were pro-life. But I was not only pro-choice, I was pro-abortion. I agreed with the underlying principles of Thomas Robert Malthus, which greatly influenced Nazi Germany, and Margaret Sanger, who founded Planned Parenthood. I read up on the issue quite a bit, and won debates in high school and my freshman year of college defending population control and abortion.

I would have said I was a Christian, but I was not. Grace was a Christian. ...
So if it was and is demonic for a Christian to date a non-Christian then would it not be necessary, in light of Mark Driscoll's teaching about spiritual warfare in connection to sexuality, to say that the marriage of Mark and Grace Driscoll was already off to a demonic start?  It might have been just an ordinary demonic start, but a demonic start nonetheless.

If Mark Driscoll measured himself and his own marriage by the somewhat vague metric of his 2008 spiritual warfare series then he would be forced to concede most things about his marriage would have been off to a demonic start. 

From part 2 Driscoll moved on to false religions.  To that matter, if briefly, we shall turn.

No comments: