Monday, October 20, 2014

Driscoll at conference today after leaving MH as elder and member? Throckmorton notes Charles Campbell tweet

From the March 2014 statement ...
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/files/2014/03/MHCletterMD.png
...
To reset my life, I will not be on social media for at least the remainder of the year. The distractions it can cause for my family and our church family are not fruitful or helpful at this time. At the end of the year, I will consider if and when to reappear on social media, and I will seek the counsel of my pastors on this matter. In the meantime, Mars Hill and Resurgence will continue to post blogs, sermons, and podcasts on my social media accounts, but otherwise I’m going offline.

I will also be doing much less travel and speaking in the next season. In recent years, I have cut back significantly, but I will now cut back even more. I have cancelled some speaking events, and I am still determining the best course of action for a few that I’ve committed to, as they are evangelistic opportunities to invite people to salvation in Jesus Christ, which is something I care about deeply. I will be doing very few media interviews, if any. Also, I’m communicating with my publisher to determine how to meet my existing obligations and have a much less intense writing schedule.

Does not being on social media mean not appearing on social media via third parties because ...

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2014/10/20/mark-driscoll-rocks-the-gateway-conference/

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/files/2014/10/DriscollGateway.png

The person does look vaguely familiar.  image over at WT

So has Driscoll resigned eldership at MH after rejecting the restoration plan and left the church and has ... already showed up at a conference in Dallas Fort Worth? 

https://twitter.com/charl3scampbell/status/524366310558298112
CharlesCampbell @charl3scampbell
Since someone's already been crucified for him, let's restore him with a spirit of gentleness @PsRobertMorris introing Mark Driscoll

https://twitter.com/charl3scampbell/status/524367144532705280
 ·  1 hour ago
Watching love on pastors everyone else has shunned and misrepresented is amazing! I love my church
 
Driscoll ... a  pastor everyone else has shunned and misrepresented?  If Driscoll simply applied his axioms on spiritual warfare, bitterness and sex in marriage that he applied to others to himself the burden of proof is on Mark Driscoll to explain why he wasn't demonized in some fashion if he said that bitterness and a lack of sex in marriage were both satanic footholds in the category of the "ordinary demonic". That's not misrepresenting Driscoll, it's just quoting him accurately, in context, and proposing that that what's good for the goose must also be good for the gander.

http://wenatcheethehatchet.blogspot.com/2014/08/from-earlier-this-year-mark-driscoll-on.html

If Mark hadn't taught what he's taught about those things none of this would be a matter for the record, but he taught the stuff he's taught and never repudiated it.  So just in case someone gets the idea that "everyone else" has shunned Driscoll there's a lot of people at Mars Hill who probably want him back and didn't want him to resign and leave the church as the BoE recently announced he has done.