Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pussified Nation page 9 UPDATE: includes text that looks to be preserved from page 10

page 9 
 
 
Author Topic:   Pussified Nation
Xavier
Junior Member
posted 01-30-2001 12:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier   Click Here to Email Xavier     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Spamo,I bet you're big into the end times too, eh ?Would you care for a game of Chess ?Xavier
IP: Logged
Marcus
Junior Member
posted 01-30-2001 07:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus     Edit/Delete Message

I have prayerfully edited my posts regarding repentance.
What needed to be done has been done. It is not necessary to keep those postings available to anyone new here.Thank you Mark, for listening to God and searching your own heart.I'm sure there are those who will challenge your motivations. Satan will attack the same way he did before. You have too much at stake here Mark and everyone involved in the ministry. Pray for God's wisdom and the strength to move forward. I will do the same for Marshill and Midrash.
Peace
IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-30-2001 11:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

puss·y1 (ps)
n., pl. puss·ies. 1. Informal. A cat.
2. Botany. A fuzzy catkin, especially of the pussy willow.
3. Vulgar. Slang The vulva.
4. Offensive. Slang Used as a disparaging term for a woman.
[This message has been edited by Shibboleth (edited 01-30-2001).]
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Does anybody else notice how much Midrash sucks when nobody is fighting? If there were more arrogant people with offensive senses of humor like me we could get this baby rollin. Does everybody realize how dumb they look when they treat each other nice on an internet billboard? - Hello how are you today? - I agree! Great job! - Wonderful insight! - I am sorry! - No I am sorry! - No... really I am the one who should be sorry. - (together) I love you. (They hug) - I didn't mean to make you look stupid by stating how stupid it is what you just said. - It is ok, you just sinned so that grace might abound. (they hug and cry and hug some more) -I seriously want to throw up from all the effeminacy in Christian men. It is always darkness but it always appears as light. In the KJV 1 Cor 6:9 gives a list of the lifestyles characteristics of people who will not be in heaven and that list has in it being "Effeminant".
IP: Logged
Porkfry
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Porkfry     Edit/Delete Message

YEAH WELL SCREW YOU BUDDY!
L8R
Porkfry

IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message


IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

9 full pages of anger is not enough, huh? Perhaps you should start the Pissed-Off/Insult Message Board where the sole purpose is insulting each other."Effeminant" men, I would clasify as queers, queens, faggots, homosexuals (even if they appear macho like the Rob Halford of Judas Priest), Alan Alda, and especially men who like to sew! But does it mention anything about Dykes?P.S. ESAD
IP: Logged
mikey
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mikey     Edit/Delete Message

Alan Alda?
IP: Logged
BigEddie
Member
posted 01-30-2001 02:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BigEddie     Edit/Delete Message

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Gal. 5:22-23.Reform, let's bounce this around. I'm of two minds here about something and I need your opinion.Part of me says you're right. Since things have become much more tempered, there's something important missing. I look at Loving Rage and so help me, I miss the rage. The anger, the passion, the call to righteousness, fist and all, GOT to me. Made me wake up and see just how far away I'd fallen. Now that we've cleaned up our language around here and things are more "righteous," well, yeah, there's something missing. I've had people kiss my boo boos before, but nobody loved me enough to smack me alongside the head with a 2x4 and tell me to quit getting into those sins in the first place, then maybe the boo boos would heal.On the other hand...I look at the posts with the real rage in them, some yours, some not, boxing gloves and all, and I have to tell you that for some of us, some of us who have had love&violence twisted up in our lives, when we see posts like that which want to "challenge" a man's alleged softness by beating the crap out of him, well, I don't think you'd get quite the response you were looking for.I'm nearly 40 and have been raised all my life as an Armenian. I had an uncaged Calvinist, a good and solid and close friend of mine, go completely off on me last summer in ways that weren't good at all. Still wounded, still damaged, and he still refuses to listen to me. Since then, in spite of him, I've been watching and I've been studying with an open mind. What has been a drawback for me -- and shouldn't be -- are my Calvinist brothers and sisters. I watch for the fruit of their belief in their life. Sure, that's no substitute for scripture as the ultimate test, but I can't help but wonder where the joy is? Where is the love? Where is the peace? The kindness? Those aren't effeminate characteristics, dude, they're scriptural.C'mon. Talk to me. Tell me there's more to it than this. Tell me I've been seeing bad examples. Tell me there's more than pride and rage and the law.
IP: Logged
Viv
Junior Member
posted 01-30-2001 03:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Viv   Click Here to Email Viv     Edit/Delete Message

Would this be an example of an effeminant man? >>> Mr. Rogers is having a sweater drive.
IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-30-2001 03:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
Go to the show.
To feel that warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow.
I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you folks really stand.
Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
Get them up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot!

IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 04:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

As you might guess I am one who posts on here from my work. In fact right now I am at work (yes i can be doing this without slacking). This place feels like the most peaceful place in world - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness ect.. Is it real? Do these people really love me? What is it that holds me together with you whom I don't even know that separates me from these close friends of mine? Truth.
Look at the church in general (I hate to bag on the church because I am in covenant with it but it is often neccesary). On the outside anyone looking into the church could "say" that all those virtues in Galatians are present in the church. Christians sure are kind people, right? But is it a genuine kindness that confronts the false kindness of the world?My father is the kindest most gentle man I have ever encountered. He is also completely godless.It is real easy to forgive your brother and be at peace with him when he never challenges you or disrespects you when you need it. How many brothers of yours will confront you on your sin? How about confront you on sin that you haven't committed but they can see you are coveting? Sin (Adam) loves to aviod accountability. Men love darkness to extremes that are beyond the imagination of most people. If you knew how much people harbored bitterness, malice, envy, ect... seeking to plot and plan cause strife in the sneakiest ways you would desire that the light could come as I do. I ofcourse am a bigger lover of darkness than any of my brothers which is why I can see people hiding good. The love I have for those who have confronted me the hardest in my sin is the deepest love I know between men. It is love that doesn't become suspect when we confront each other. I can yell at them for not repenting and they don't act like I am breaking up with them or question wether I love them or not. I have seen unbelievers puzzled by the depth of our love like they were seeing something different than all the patting on the ass they have seen their whole life. The majority of the time I spend with these close brothers of mine looks like those fruits of the Spirit described in Galatians. But when we are working out the truth we problibly look more like Jerry Springer than Oprah. The sole purpose of Midrash is to shine the light on the darkness, get the truth out there by arguing. Unless you come to the internet for your social life? Which is a popular sin in our culture. I think its gay and leads people into a false reality and draws them away from the attention they need by replacing it with something false. Why the hell would I ever want you to say something nice to me on the Midrash! It is so stupid. We are trying to get to the truth and everybody is wanting warm attention like a bunch of lonely puppies. And as for "men" who seek this kind of attention and revel in it. Men in our culture don't need to learn anything more about expressing their feelings, crying and being nice they need to learn about strength, duty, preparing for responsibilities in their future, ect... With the word of God as a mirror they should look at their pitful reflection and get up start moving instead of curling up in a ball on the floor and crying like a child who needs to get spanked. I got way to much to say to keep typing at work so I will go off more later.I you really are lonely then come over to my house and I will make you something to eat and have a beer with you. But enough pouting on the Midrash. I am here to fight! For your question.
I have had plenty of perverted love+violenced mixed together in my life. If you think thats where I am heading with what I am doing you obviously don't know me. The gloves things only shocks people because we live in a post war society where everybody thinks little boys have no need of aggressive competition. Why do you think men today have so much trouble controlling their anger? Was it all that tackle football growing up? That one game of "smeer the queer" that just made um crack. I think we should get a church boxing league going.
So if you want to have a beer or just fight send me an email - reformation2k@hotmail.com
IP: Logged
Inigo Montoya
Junior Member
posted 01-30-2001 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Inigo Montoya   Click Here to Email Inigo Montoya     Edit/Delete Message

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die.I can't help but wonder where the joy is?We can rejoice that God glorified himself through the death of his son, that we are no longer slaves to sin, for starters.Where is the love?"Surely he too up our infirmities and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."Where is the peace?"Salvation belongs to our God." It is not up to our pathetic, sinful selves who would be nothing if God had not created us and saved us. "It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy."The kindness?God is always with us. "Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell these forty years. Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you."This might have been covered already, but a fact I will regurgitate here, which should not be forgotten, is that when Jesus was angry or rebuked people it was always constructive. Jesus did not just be a jerk because it's fun to be a butthead and piss people off, like we sometimes do. Some Calvinists are jerks in the bad sense. It is a pity that you have encountered so many. "Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."
[This message has been edited by Inigo Montoya (edited 01-30-2001).]
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 05:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

W.W.J.D. again.
What bible have you been reading?
Jesus was very sinical and mocked people all the time. Read the prophets and tell me they weren't sinical.

IP: Logged
Inigo Montoya
Junior Member
posted 01-30-2001 05:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Inigo Montoya   Click Here to Email Inigo Montoya     Edit/Delete Message

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die.*ALL* the time? He spent a large proportion of his time being cynical, but never without purpose. And I did not have you in mind at all with that post.[This message has been edited by Inigo Montoya (edited 01-30-2001).]
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Sorry I am just a loose cannon.
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-30-2001 10:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

I finally got rebuked by one of the elders. I needed it to.
Earlier on in the heat of the moment I started bitching about how I do my ministry alone.
I repent here infront of the whole world.
I will not complain again.

IP: Logged
Wax
Junior Member
posted 01-31-2001 09:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Wax     Edit/Delete Message

So is this a genuine post Reform? Or is this one of your attempts to sound like others to make a point about something or another? I am not asking this to attack you in any way. I am asking because for a while I have had a very difficult time following you. If you yell at me you are missing the point.It's easy, either you are coming to repentance due to one of your Elders putting you in your place, or just as others have recently come to repentance for their actions, you also are coming to "repentance" to make a point. This is a BB, not people talking in person. So if there is sarcasm I can't hear it.
IP: Logged
cell'me
Member
posted 01-31-2001 09:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for cell'me     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Reform,I've rebuked ya.You've needed it.So, where is the contrition toward me?Actually, I'm just stirring it up because I had some spare time and thot I would set you off again. Reform, your fight is commendable. Your slanted view of Jesus (God's) heat/anger is weak in light of a full reading of Scripture. Admittedly, it is there, just not to the degree of centrality that you would make it.Blow it off as WWJD-theology if you want. However, my past experiences with morality-based, judicial gospel believers is that they demand a focus on behavior that supercedes faith. And that is a distorted view of God's concern. Our morality is not a basis for salvation, our faith is. Morality does not necessarily engender faith. Faith should engender morality. The former is not something to focus on, but the latter is.If we, in relationships with brothers and sisters in Christ, see the dethachment of faith and the fruit - then by all means confront. Unfortunately, if this becomes the sole purpose of our ministry or life then we should be prepared for an unending fight. I, nor you, nor anyone else will ever be completely out of the darkness. The work God is perfecting in us will be completed someday, just not as soon as we might want. This is not a free pass to do whatever the flip we want, but it is to say that we will pass out from exhaustion long before the fight is ever won. So the Spirit then is our last, best hope. Confront if needed, pray always, and seek God's will on what next.Don't just swing at everyone and everyhting because it feels good or seems biblical to be angry and cynical and wrathful. There is so much more to it all. Press into it and you'll see that more everyday.
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-31-2001 10:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Commandment number one: You shall have no other gods before me.
Should I be stressing God's character as central? Yes I should.
What is the problem with a portrayal of a pussified Jesus?
Can we ever talk about God's mercy and love without talking about sin first?
What if I walked up to you and said: "I love you so much that I am going to stick this pencil in my own eye!"
How do you understand God's emotion of love toward you? Faith? Faith in what? Just some arbritrary thing you stir up if you are dumb enough? No. Faith in the real purpose of the great sacrifice. Sin.
It doesn't make God more loving to spread his love thin. His love is seen in his very selective, personal, undeserved forgiveness of absolute sinners. If you looked around and thought that everyone around was loved by God then you kindof could expect that he loved you. I look around myself and see mostly people who are about ready to be cast into the abyss. Then I look and see myself as a worse sinner than everyone else and think: "DAMN! Why me?"
I will hit on you calling our movement to hold Christians accountable to their profession some kind of legalism later.
Sincerely,
"The Loose Cannon"

IP: Logged
Max
Junior Member
posted 01-31-2001 11:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Max   Click Here to Email Max     Edit/Delete Message

Reform and others,Okay, here's one that I want you people to clear up for me. Is cynical the correct word to use to describe Jesus? From Webster's Revised Unabridged: Cynical: 4. Given to sneering at rectitude and the conduct of life by moral principles; disbelieving in the reality of any human purposes which are not suggested or directed by self-interest or self-indulgence; as, a cynical man who scoffs at pretensions of integrity; characterized by such opinions; as, cynical views of human nature. From WordNet: cynical adj : believing the worst of human nature and motives; having a sneering disbelief in e.g. selflessness of others [syn: misanthropic, misanthropical].I don't want to sound like the one to bring warm and fuzzy feelings in here, but my pastor told me years ago that being cynical was a sin. So, how does this compare/contrast with 1Cor 13, where Paul says that "...love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."? If I am cynical (which I tend to be), I consider myself above others. I can easily get pissed off and start raging about problems I see in various Christian ministries, but I believe it is better to pray and _work_ for change, than spread the rot of cynicism around. I just want to make sure we all have a sense of the meaning of cynicism, before labeling Christ with that term, which connotes a poor human philosophy.
IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 11:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Max -Cynical: 4. Given to sneering at rectitude and the conduct of life by moral principles; disbelieving in the reality of any human purposes which are not suggested or directed by self-interest or self-indulgence; as, a cynical man who scoffs at pretensions of integrity; characterized by such opinions; as, cynical views of human nature. From WordNet: cynical adj : believing the worst of human nature and motives; having a sneering disbelief in e.g. selflessness of others [syn: misanthropic, misanthropical].Damn rights Jesus was a cynic, *especially* in the definitions you gave. As if he thought there was anything good in human nature. As if he ever trusted people's hearts. Jesus being in very nature God had the most complete view of just how screwed up we are, therefore was the most perfect of cynics. The key there is HUMAN purposes, HUMAN morality. Why would God be trusting or respectful of those?"A talent for accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it." - Author unknown.Cynicism in itself is not sin. All it is is an awareness of how bad things are. A true cynic does not place himself at a higher level than the things he is being cynical of; a true cynic knows that he is lumping himself in with what he abhors.Reform - God is love. He does love everybody. He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. The problem is that as we continue to reject Him, sooner or later He will respect our decision and allow us to live (die) apart from Him. He's not ready to cast people into the abyss because He wants to, but because they want Him to.Infinite love cannot be spread thin.In general - I'm still noticing that cell'me and others are still going on the whole balanced God thing. And to a point, you're right. God is balanced. But think about this: There were times when God's rage burned consistently against Israel for 40 years, sometimes more. God's rage has burned against Israel for the 2000 years since they killed his Son, and has only recently started to turn.Have you ever realized that God is angry all the time? The only reason we're not all dead is that he can temper his perfect anger with perfect mercy. Why can't we seek to understand that side of God for a time?I'll tell you, if I concentrate too much on God's mercy and love and grace and general 'niceness' , I have completely lost it. I am at a point in my life where I desperately need to rekindle my fear of God. Not respect, fear. I need to know that what I do makes God angry. That's the only way I'll get over it.So please, for the sake of my ongoing refinement, please get off the 'we have to balance God by making Him look nice' bandwagon. God's mercy and love has given me salvation and peace; God's anger and justice are what I need to really undergo refinement.Respectfully submitted,Ignorantus Rex
IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-31-2001 11:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

"A true cynic does not place himself at a higher level than the things he is being cynical of; a true cynic knows that he is lumping himself in with what he abhors."I am pretty sure that Jesus placed himself higher than those whom he was cynical of and I do not think he was lumping himself in with them either.Perhaps you mean that Jesus is/was sarcastic?
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-31-2001 12:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

God hates people. (Esau I hated)
I can say it why can't you?
God loves pouring out his wrath on sinners in hell. (I Love Justice says the Lord)
That is the God I bend my knee before and no other god is worthy of worship.
What are we saved from?
Hell?
Like you can just fall in on accident.
Like God runs his creation like a big machine and we can wander off and get caught in the gears and get chewed up.
God: "AHHH! Where is the button to turn this thing off! I should have been paying closer attention to them! Those poor things!"

IP: Logged
Inigo Montoya
Junior Member
posted 01-31-2001 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Inigo Montoya   Click Here to Email Inigo Montoya     Edit/Delete Message

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die.Hey Reformurass, do you think we have a problem with doctrine here or one of emphasis? In arguments like this, most people say we have a doctrinal inconsistency but never really explain why. Or is that really even a worthwhile distinction?
IP: Logged
Mr. Vane
Junior Member
posted 01-31-2001 01:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Vane     Edit/Delete Message

John 3:16
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-31-2001 01:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

John 3:16?
Have you read the next verse?
You know the one about those who have God's WRATH remaining on them?

IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Montoya -
Who do you mean by "we"?
I am talking about the biblical portrayal of God. If you have a god that conflicts with the God revealed in the Bible than you have a doctrinal as well as emphasis problem. There are certain men out there today (who talk suspiciously like CellMe) who have taken extremes in spreading thin God's love that make them heretics. I have given plenty reasons why I say this is so. Because we live in a pussified nation we have pussified the gospel to syncrinize it to the pussified people who live in it.I saw a perfect bumpersticker combination yesterday.
2 bumper stickers =
1. What Would Jesus Do?
2. Mean People Suck!
"I am a jealous God"
- God (exodus 20)

IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Reform, as much as I agree with most of what you say, you've got the big hardcore myopic view of God, only yours goes the other way.Okay, so you're right. God hates your ass. you're just plain lucky that he hasn't turned you inside out yet.I hate to call bullshit, but... bullshit. Lets just throw out the rest of the Bible, then.You need to grow the hell up. It's obvious from your arrogant parading, preening and mudslinging that you may think that your study of 'theology' and spouting of related platitudes and cute little White Horse boxing matches because you've forced someone into accountability to you and they're resisting cause they're as aware of your dumbass supremacy as the rest of us somehow qualifies you to make the definitive call on what God is.If God doesn't confuse the hell out of you, you don't know Him well enough to have an opinion.You have the makings of a Nazi. Get over yourself.Respectfully submitted,Ignorantus Rex.
IP: Logged
sniff
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sniff     Edit/Delete Message

Rex:
>>God's rage has burned against Israel for the 2000 years since they killed his Son, and has only recently started to turn.
?????
Where do you get that from? Israel hasn't even existed for most of that time. Do you mean the Jews? Was the holocaust His great retribution for His Son's death? Has his rage burned against the Italians for 2000 years also? What about you and me - after all, we had as much to do with Jesus' crucifixion as "the mob" did.

IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:19 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Shibboleth, I think that being fully man, Jesus was very aware of his own *potential* shortcomings as a human.Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped; He made himself nothing, taking on the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. He didn't get arrogant about it, he just knew what was what.Damn rights, he was lumping himself in. In potential, anyway. He did not consider himself higher than men, or he would have lived his life using tools and methods that were not available to us.I.R.
IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Sniff -"Israel hasn't even existed for most of that time. Do you mean the Jews? Was the holocaust His great retribution for His Son's death? "Every time Israel disobeyed corporately against God in the old Testament, they LOST THEIR COUNTRY. That's what I meant. So yes, Israel hasn't existed for most of that time. That's my point.Who knows about the holocaust? I think that it's a great example of the depravity of man. I'm not going to read any more into it then that.I.R.
IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

Dude,
Get a grip!
Jesus was/is God in human form but he did not SIN, which by the way INHIERENTLY MAKES HIM BETTER THEN US! WHy would he lump himself in with those he called hypocrites?

IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Finally we are getting somewhere.
Everybody pay attention Rex is learning.
Now see I will caution myself not to cry or whine or act like I am being dumped by my boyfriend.So Rex, lets get a little more substance to your newfound (and couragous I might add) stance. You seem to think I have fallen to the other side of the pendalum. Lets just throw out the rest of the bible? I would but it seems as though everyone has already beat me to the punch. You know the bible teaches things. It is not just a bunch of one liner statements you can pull out whenever your own teachings need some authority to make um sound good. I emphasize God's wrath against sin and sinners everytime I teach or evangelize. Do you think I am wrong? I may talk to an unbeliever about sin and not get around to Jesus or his love. Why do we need Jesus? Why did he come here? Why was he fully human? Your lips moved but you didn't say anything. Put your cards on the table.
yours truely,
"The Loose Cannon"

IP: Logged
sniff
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sniff     Edit/Delete Message

Right. Like the time when Joseph screwed up and brought his father and brother in to Egypt? Where they stayed for 400 years. In slavery.
"EVERY" time is an exaggeration at the minimum - and I think you are reading way too much into the situation. That type of rhetoric, reading God's emotion into the reason behind any situation (political, personal, etc.) in the world - instead of His divine plan, is dangerous. IF you could even read His divine plan in to it (situation X).
Is God less pissed off at Americans because we supported the nation of Israel or because of our oh-so-holy forefathers than he is at Sudan or Eithiopia? Does God despise Columbians, but favor the French? Can we see God's favor for a particular people by the health and wealth that is poured out upon them?
Or can we merely see how the actions of people - of a nation or of individuals - may affect millions of others?

IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Shibboleth -From our point of view, Jesus was better than us. Sure. Jesus knew it too, but I don't believe he dwelt on it at all. Jesus knew who he was both as God and as man.My presentation of Christ as a cynic is in regard to his general perception of humanity, with which He *certainly did* lump himself. I never said or implied that his dealings with the Pharisees, etc. were evidence of his cynicism. Those are evidences of his butt-kicking grace, and keen ability to criticize and correct when the situation warranted.Every situation does not evidence everything. Stay a while. This is the meat of my next post as well.I.R.
IP: Logged
Shibboleth
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shibboleth   Click Here to Email Shibboleth     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Reform,
Speaking of oneliners and incorrectly paraphrasing"5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, 6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments." If you look at Exodus (20: 5-6) God is pissed and lovey at the same time! If God is a big bad meany why isn't my foot so far up my ass that I can taste my shoelaces?GRACE!
GOD'S MERCY!
GOD'S LOVE!
Sure he messes up some sinners but he won't be doing that on a full-time basis until the end-of-time.
IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 02:58 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Sniff -You misread me. I said that every time Israel corporately disobeyed God, they lost their country. I did not say that every time Israel found themselves without a country it was because they disobeyed God.God's emotion in dealing with His chosen people Israel has always been of prime import. I'm not saying that about the rest of the world. As Christians, we are adopted into the family, grafted into the tree of God's chosen people (like Israel). To expect that the relationship between God and other nations is the same as the relationship between God and Israel is folly. The rest of the world is not God's kids.I agree though that it is dangerous to try to read God's divine plan into anything, though at times His hand is obvious enough. Keep in mind though that in order to serve God we need to be able to see where He is working, so we need to be able to discern that. Sooner or later we have to make a judgment call.The actions of people can affect millions of others, I agree. That's how I see the holocaust. I'm honestly not implying anything with regard to that.I.R.
IP: Logged
sniff
Member
posted 01-31-2001 03:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sniff     Edit/Delete Message

All right. The only thing I take issue with, having not the immediate time to verify with my own Biblical research the statement "everytime Israel corporately disobeyed God they lost their country", is your contention that God expelled the Jews from Palestine/Israel/their country because of the participation of the residents of Jerusalem in the death of Jesus at the hands of Roman soldiers.
THAT strikes me as presumptuous. And what my example was attempting to illustrate was exactly what you conceded in your last e-mail: namely, that not EVERY time Israel has been without a country has it been because of God's wrath upon them.

IP: Logged
Rex
Member
posted 01-31-2001 03:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Rex     Edit/Delete Message

Okay, Reform -You're right, and you'll see that in the post you just trashed I was cautioning people to get the point that we were getting into the other, relatively vengeful, side of God, and that for the sake of the discussion and the good that it could do that it was necessary to do that.You cannot present the Gospel without mentioning sin and what it does, and how God hates it. However you also cannot present the Gospel without talking about redemption. Redemption could not have been born save for perfect love and the manifestation of Grace. The view of God that you broadcast doesn't have room in it for redemption. If God hates me and humanity for that matter he wouldn't bother to redeem us, dig? He wouldn't want to make me like his Son. He'd want to pull a Jonah and wish we were all dead.I have known people who have 'come to Christ' because of the love and grace of God; I have also known a couple who have received Christ because they were afraid of the wrath of God.None were effective Christians. Both believed a shallow Gospel.And, like it or not, I think that that's the half-Gospel you're preaching here. You're losing the paradox in the fact that you like a harsh, ass-kickin, name-takin, soul-scorchin' God. Your pendulum is unbalanced too. You're only preaching half the Gospel. It just happens to be the half that we need to discuss right now, but we need to remember that it's still only half. We can set aside the other half for the moment, but it's our demise if we ignore it completely.Cell'me and his cronies are out of it too, just the other way.I reject the notion that fistfights and belching and mudslinging and theological acrobatics make a man. A man should be measured by the way he lives the life he's given. I think that by spending all our energy arguing gray areas we may be sorting out what we believe, but playing 'king of the hill' is not making anyone any more of a man.There are people on this board spouting theology who I know for a fact treat their wives like crap or play Ahab to her Jezebel. It pisses me off. Being able to argue and fight does not a man make. Knowing the truth and allowing it to set you free is what does the trick.I.R.
POSTSCRIPT

One of the things you may have noticed if you know where all this got dredged up is that page 10 was not preserved.  Pages 1-9 and page 11 were, but not page 10.  Well ... with help from someone who used to go there excerpts that were from "Pussified Nation" that aren't accounted for in the screen captures have been conveyed to Wenatchee The Hatchet, though just the materials from William Wallace II.


If a man acts like a woman, to call him a woman is not a denegration to women, just that man. Likewise, to call a woman a man is not a denegration to men, just to that woman.  Likewise, to call a dog who tries to fly a bird is not a denigration to birds, just to that dog. Likewise, calling a bird who tries to bark like a dog is not a denigration to dogs, just  that bird.

Simply, to be a woman is a beautfiul and glorious thing. Unless you are a man. Then, it is ugly, like a construction worker wearing a dress and a mother wearing a combat uniform and carrying a loaded gun into battle.

"In that day the Egyptians will be like women. They will shudder with fear at the uplifted hand that the Lord Almighty raises against them." (Isaiah 19:16)

"A sword against her horses and chariots and all the foreigners in her ranks! They will become women..." (Jeremiah 50:37).

"Babylon's warriors have stopped fighting; they remain in their strongholds. Their strength is exhausted; they have become like women." (Jeremiah 51:30a)

"Look at your troops-they are all women!" (Nahum 3:13)

Lastly, many Christian men are not thinking biblically. They are thinking like psychologists.   The Dickification string is a prime example of most problems with our thinking today.

God calls many men women. And, that is a denigration to those men. Though, he never  denigrates a woman for being feminine. Why, because He made them male and female and when they operate within their gender it is wonderful.


First, it is masturbation. Not masterbation. A master baiter is a skilled fisherman. A masturbator is a whacker. Such men have put a very innovate and unusual spin on applying that old kid's song "He's got the whole world in his hand."

First, no where in the Bible is masturbation spoken of either positively or negatively.  Therefore, we must use other principles to discern God's will on this. Some have foolishly argued that Onan in Genesis 38 was a whacker, but the context is clear that he'd have intercourse with a woman and intentionally pull out and spill his seed on the ground because he didn't want to impregnante her.

Is your whacking associated with porno or lustful thoughts? Then it is a sin.

Is your whacking an attempt to relieve yourself and continue to avoid godly marital intimacy with a woman? Then it is a sin.

Is your whacking a form of homosexuality whereby you like the male body and are aroused by male only sexuality? Then it is a sin.

Is your whacking causing you to be a selfish quick draw fastest gun in the west kind of guy who will not have the patience necessary to please his wife in bed and ensure her orgasm in addition to his own by having the patience to bring her to a point of climax?  Then it is a sin.

Are you a slave to your whacking, unable to stop and at a loss of self-control (I Corinthians 6:12)?

Then it is a sin.

But, is there such a thing as redeemed masturbation? Yes.

It is fine for a husband to manually satisfy his wife, as it is for a wife to manually satisfy her husband. This is very important for some women who have difficulty achieving orgasm without prolonged manual stimulation of the clitoris. If you do not know where this is and you are married, this would be an important part of your discipleship.


It is fine for a wife to manually stimulate her husband in particular times when she cannot otherwise have normal intimate relations with him because of physical restrictions (often related to her cycle, an injury, difficult pregnancy, post childbirth recovery etc.).

It may also be permissible for a man to relieve himself if he is under unusal circumstances separated from his wife for a long season and has his mind filled with redeemed thoughts of his wife.

However, if this is in place of intimacy with his wife it seems obvious he is being a greedy lover and is sinning. Also, if he or she is wanting to do this they should discuss it with their spouse since it is their spouse's body once they are married (I Corinthians 7:3-5).

It may also be advisable for people, particularly newly married couples, to explore in bed both their own genitalia and their partners so that they are familiar with their bodies and can then teach their husband/wife how to bring them great pleasure and joy as they serve each other with their bodies.

It seemed best in the interest of brevity to not bother with page 11 and since page 10 was not captured to supply what has been sent to Wenatchee The Hatchet from someone who preserved at least Driscoll's materials from "Pussified Nation".  The italicized material appeared in a sequence that seems to be between the end of page 9 but before the start of page 11.