Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pussified Nation page 8

 
 page 8
 
Author Topic:   Pussified Nation
BigEddie
Junior Member
posted 01-20-2001 02:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BigEddie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote


quote:

Originally posted by William Wallace II:
Four, be in a good solid church with qualified male elders who can have frank biblical discussions about male issues without blushing.

THAT'S easier said than done. Where were you when I was being counseled about my sexuality by men who couldn't say the word penis?[This message has been edited by BigEddie (edited 01-20-2001).]

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-21-2001 03:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

It just came to me!
I figured out a solution to the delema raised earlier about how can we establish a way of rites of passage into manhood.I live in the men's community house at Marshill.
Me and a dear brother of mine who is my roommate just had a little dispute. He was displeased with the way I confront him like I am his father. I come off as rude and prideful and just barking out orders. He didn't appreciate that, so, he asked me to say what I am saying in a less arogant way. My response to him was, no. So we talked further to try to come to some place clarity on this issue. I asked how he will react when his wife or kids talk to him harshly. I explained to him that I was not doing this so that he would submit to me like my wife but to force him to step up to me if he thinks I need to be rebuked.
We came up with a brillian plan to turn to when this system breaks down and all communication is lost. Instead of throwing out the system we chose to modify it.We made a court of appeals to all confrontation. Two pair of boxing gloves.
I am thorougly convinced that my dear brother will be ten times more qualified to go to the cross for a family after living under these types of circumstances. I plan to try to implement this new structure on the entire community house that I live in. I seriously doubt I can achieve this with out divine intervention but this is my hearts desire. Your prayers would be much appreciated.If this type of accountability were present in this house there would be no way a boy could leave here still a boy. The mens community would be the place to bring a boy into being a man.(Squatting Bear: Tell me what you think)Of course I would need to implement more Scripturally structured discipleship methods to prepare men for other types of duties God calls men to. But this type confrontation would make it very difficult for a man to remain in the darkness and to cling to his sins of being childish.Another thing is that I am getting so angry about the bullshit that goes on around because of men avoiding responsibility. I visit single mothers every week whose pussified babies daddies are off living for themselves and I get absolutly enraged. It seems to me that I will be in serious trouble if I don't find a healthy outlet.
If you are interested in putting on a pair of boxing gloves and having a good healthy fight please email me at reformation2k@hotmail.com
thank you,
Calvin
solideogloria


William Wallace II
Member
posted 01-21-2001 09:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

I grew up in the ghetto and learned to fight for self preservation and protection of my four younger siblings. After coming to Christ I realized that jacking people was likely not a high Christian art (though I am beginning to reconsider that entirely). I also moved into a men's community living home where we had many male lesbians who had no authority over them and would squawk when confronted. So, we bought gloves, headgear, and mouthpieces and began our own redeemed Fight Club. War turned out to be much speedier than negotiation, and I always had increased respect for the puny guys who had the courage to take their beating before being launched into the third heaven.

Squatting Bear
Junior Member
posted 01-21-2001 01:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Squatting Bear     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ReformUrAss,This is definately a step in the right direction. My understanding of the passage rite is that it is an irrevocable crossing over/coming out of boyhood to manhood; this obviously requires community of family recognition of this transition which IDEALLY should happen sometime around puberty (bar mitzvah for example). Your community house is occupied by post-pubescent males tho, and if they're pussified, beating the pussy out of them sounds like not only good sport but loads of fun. Honestly, whenever I encounter pussified males, my first inclination is to physically beat the crap out of them, but without a proper time and place to do this, I could go to jail on assault charges and not be able to support my wife.Perhaps if these "boxing" sessions were enacted, it should be done with a signed waiver to prevent legal backfirings.Let me know if I can help (collaborators@hotmail.com). You've got some good ideas. Wail away and let the war on pussification begin!!!!!

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-21-2001 05:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thanks for the feedback Squatting Bear, keep those prayers coming for my house.
I will be periodically dropping Scripture that burdens my heart about males who are less than men.
I Corintians 16:13
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, QUIT YE LIKE MEN, be strong.(KJV)
Be on your gaurd; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.(NIV)


Danger Kitty
Junior Member
posted 01-21-2001 06:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Danger Kitty     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hey Ass, if you're such a Manly Man why aren't YOU running the house? You talk too big.

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-22-2001 08:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

careful pussy cat.If I am so arrogant then explain to me why. I am not afraid to be humbled. The only people who have confronted me on being arrogant have been doing so to draw attention away from their own complacency. If you keep calling me arrogant when I am not, you should be careful because I might not listen when I really am being arrogant.I never want to hear another man tell me that the reason he won't repent is because the isn't being asked nice enough.About me leading the house.
I have been praying about it. I do have another ministry I run and numerous other duties that I need not mention. But thanks for the encouragement. Glad to see you exercising your spiritual gift.


William Wallace II
Member
posted 01-22-2001 09:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Danger Kitty. Welcome to the thread.While you are certainly not obligated, I would make one request of you. Please tell us your story. I smell a tinge of bitterness from personal experience and have a suspicion that it might be beneficial for people to hear your story of the guy and what exactly happened. If you are unwilling, then at least thank you for considering.

taggert
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 09:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for taggert     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rock on! Now we can like totally revise the christian order of accountabilty, dude! Screw goin to the brother you got a problem with and speaking to em, then taking one or two others, then bringin him before the church for repentence or kickin‘ out from the body. That‘s too lengthy, man, wastes too much time. just beat the ever-loving shit out of em! What a brillian plan to turn to when this system breaks down and all communication is lost. Instead of throwin out the scripture, we'll choose to modify it. Hell, let‘s get that revisioin in scripture. We can call it the RRV (“revised reformurass version“)!!! Nothin soundly rephutes sin and bad theology like a good wallopin‘.Cool, like next time my little woman needs rebuked, and the system breaks down, I‘ll just put on the boxing glove...

Wax
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 10:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Wax     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Wow, Mr. UAss!"The only people who have confronted me on being arrogant have been doing so to draw attention away from their own complacency."You're right, you sure aren't arrogant! I think that your Church leadership should definitely make you an Elder. I mean how fortunate for your local body to have someone as perfect and theologically sound as you are. Your Church is very Lucky!

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-22-2001 10:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thank you Wax.
Maybe I will let you sit at my right hand when I come into my kingdom.
Brother Tag,
I know everything sounds peachy keen right now but we have to think how women might respond to this type discipleship going on in their church. We also must consider that there are some men out there who would be unwilling parties in such a accountability system. Believe it or not there are some men out there who do not desire to be made strong enough to lead God's church through the refiners fire. Some men are still under the allusion that when they get married they will not have to under go bearing great burdens for their family. Such men would think it insane to try to prepare early on for their future responsibility through rigourus discipline. So we will problibly have to confine these methods to willing young men who hunger and thrist for God's glory.


the Hulk
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 10:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for the Hulk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hulk am here to tok. Hulk not much like tok. Hulk like to SMASH! But always smashing keyboard am making puny Banner savings account empty. So Hulk will tok... for now. Hulk toks with fingers, go tap tap tap on keeboard and make words.Hulk like Reformass. Reformass know what him am talking about. Hulk not know Hulk was “in sin“. BUT Superman beat Hulk in fight. Hulk try to smash, but Superman keep flying around out of reach. Sneaky.Superman say that God “not like Hulk smashing things“. Now, since he beat Hulk in physikal fight, Superman am right.But Hulk am working out. Hulk will fight Superman round 2 and smash him! Then Hulk will be right again and it am NOT sin. Heh heh. Puny Banner say Hulk has dumb logic. Him say silly things like “Nietchze“ and “might make right“ am wrong. But puny Banner is weak, which means him am stupid. Hulk will smash puny Banner and make him shut up. Hulk know physikal prowess = good theolugy.But Banner never around when Hulk is... hmmm...

zugbot
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 12:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for zugbot     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hulk -- I don't know where I fall exactly on the Hulk/Banner spectrum of conflict resolution, but just wanted to say that that was a nice piece of writing.

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-22-2001 01:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

beautiful Hulk.But I think you misunderstood the reason why I want to implementing the boxing method. The boxing method is not there to work out all our problems. The boxing method is to fix a break down in the confrontational accountability system. So instead of going back to slapping each other on the butt all the time we can remain confronting each others sin with courage.What is the important issue is being able to confront a brother in his errors without worrying about bruising his fragile little self-image.
No more talking about the boxing. What do you have to say about strict, aggressive, shine the light on your darkness, accountability between Christian men?It sure is a hassel trying to become a heretic. I don't get why anyone would want to put up with all this bitching just to lead a church apostate.
By the way if you know me in person you understand that I don't think I am somekind of elder in this church. The Midrash is great for someone like me without authority to speak up.

the Hulk
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 03:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for the Hulk     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Banner here.I just want to apologize for The Hulk‘s outburst earlier. It‘s just that sometimes while reading the midrash I get angry, and-- well, let‘s just say you wouldn‘t like me when I‘m angry. Like that post earlier, it really got to me, and my... uh, oh, my heart starts pounding in my chest, like right now... and I start to... oh, Lord in Heaven, not NOW... my head throbs and I start to- start to- UUHHGGGNHHH!!! Help, I can‘t stop...it...poifwajeioioi;wwwvgsL:KSJDNFlvbjads;lKfbjl;kdsjkbhlfsdnjbKNMBALKnjfk;lA HRSDgoiuwprhjg;oimnSKVBNM.knxzcvbkjl;xzhcvboiushf;oifszjAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Hulk am here! Puny Banner always run away when he get angRy. But Hulk no run away. Hulk is stroNgest one there is!Hulk is mad at pEople on board. Some people whine like little pussycats. Hulk not like pussyCats. They break so easy and mewl all night long.Hulk like big drooling dogs who liKe play by clamping onto arm and not letting go. That am so adorible... Hulk NOT like those crying, big baby huddle pRomise keEpers either. They use those stuPid syKologists who say something WRONG with Hulk. Even Puny BANNER got out of that silly group, so you know it am dumb.HAH! EVen Banner is PUNY, but is not PUSSY. He am now married with wife, and is strong Christian man (but Hulk is stronger!) Hulk not NEED wife; Hulk like man in Korintheans who better not to marry. This partly because gamma radiation sort of killed Hulk‘s urges. That, and for some reason Hulk‘s pants am always too tight... same size as puny Banner‘s pants... hmmm...OtHer people think WaLLace two is all litteral and no sarkasm, and then they try to COPY him like... like Zeroxes machine... but they go too far. Hulk angry at them TOO! They no better than pussycats. They are vicious like Abomination-- that green, scaly-eared gamma-power commie who WANT to be like Hulk, but does poor imitation. Hulk will be at MANLY MAN on February 3. For who is manlier than HULK???
NO ONE!!! Wallace good man. Hulk like. First BANNER trusts Wallace, so (of course) Hulk get mad and almost SMASH Wallace... but then Hulk read ALL of Wallace posts and WallAce make much seNse. Banner never make sense... use big words hurt Hulk's head...Wallace not perfect, and Hulk not like ALL his responses, but Wallace am fallible. Still say good stuff maJority of time. Comforting to know him am not PERFECT. WHy, u ask? Lean close and Hulk tell you BIG secret... even Hulk am not perfect ALL of time.Only ONE am perFect. Three-in-one. Only HIM say eVerything right.But Hulk says to cheap Wallace imitators-- SHUT UP! You yell to yell and hurt Hulk‘s ears. Use brain little more before talk. Even Hulk admit bRain good some times. At least once every 10 times, brain is useful. Hulk will SMASH dumb zeroxes if they are such louzy Wallace copies. See you on Feb. 3-- but Hulk will SMASH if someone try and make Hulk wear
dress.


William Wallace II
Member
posted 01-22-2001 03:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Theology, entertainment, green body builders...now we're getting somewhere.

Squatting Bear
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 04:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Squatting Bear     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Judge the measure of a god by the sacrifice he demands; judge the measure of a man by the prey he selects. -jason byron huggins

Danger Kitty
Junior Member
posted 01-22-2001 10:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Danger Kitty     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hey Wax, great idea! Would that make him "Elder Ass"?

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-24-2001 09:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hulk,
I Just had to tell you how great of writing this was -Banner here.
I just want to apologize for The Hulk‘s outburst earlier. It‘s just that sometimes while reading the midrash I get angry, and-- well, let‘s just say you wouldn‘t like me when I‘m angry. Like that post earlier, it really got to me, and my... uh, oh, my heart starts pounding in my chest, like right now... and I start to... oh, Lord in Heaven, not NOW... my head throbs and I start to- start to- UUHHGGGNHHH!!! Help, I can‘t stop...it...poifwajeioioi;wwwvgsL:KSJDNFlvbjads;lKfbjl;kdsjkbhlfsdnjbKNMBALKnjfk;lA HRSDgoiuwprhjg;oimnSKVBNM.knxzcvbkjl;xzhcvboiushf;oifszjAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Hulk am here! Puny Banner always run away when he get angRy. But Hulk no run away. Hulk is stroNgest one there is!

Schaeffer
Junior Member
posted 01-24-2001 11:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Schaeffer   Click Here to Email Schaeffer     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Hey everybody!
I just logged on for the first time last week and today was the first time I have had a chance to read this midrash on pussification. I really enjoyed the first page when their was a ton of arguing going on, am WWII's responses were hillarious, but here on the 8th page there seems to be no one to argue against. It appears to be bunch of guys who know each other despite their alias' just e-mail one another and congragulating one another on their grand ideas or making fun of one another. ( I must admit reformUrass does set himself up to be slammed quite often). I skipped straight from the first page to the last. Did WWII's unending barrage of insults and lack of honest argumentation scary away all the fairy boys? If so that's to bad because the questions they posed deserved some good answers. I've been reading alot of midieval literature lately and it is full of anti-feminist content. I wonder if when the men had power and droves of children to help them run their farm they were as happy and well structured as we romantize them to be. Could you have the relationship you do with your daughter WWII if you were a tough laborer always out working the fields and spending time training your sons to help? OR if we are out drinking smoking and consorting to dominate the world what will happen to date night with your daughter? Date night? That seems a little efeminate. I like it though I think it's a great Idea and regard you twice the man for how much compassion you have for the women in your life. I am moved by the anti-pussifcation retoric and considered myself 100% bought in. I just wanted to pose some questions to start up some more midrash instead of whitehorserash which it has become. I resent the way my mother wears the pants in my family and I refuse to let it happen in my own and women pastors, youth group, homo-christians: give me a *(&^ing break!
Justin

The Man in Black
Junior Member
posted 01-24-2001 12:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for The Man in Black   Click Here to Email The Man in Black     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Schaeffer --I don't live at the Whitehorse. I live in Bermuda. The only Whitehorse we have on the island is a pub. The Hulk, Wallace, and I meet there occasionally to smoke cubans, drink guinness, overlook the triangle, and hash out where all the cojones have gone.The Man in Black...Matthew 13:34-36...

ReformUrAss
Member
posted 01-24-2001 03:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Did anybody notice what also is beginning on Feb 3?The XNFL.The extreme new football league where anything can happen. None of those pesky rules like unneccesary roughness or late tackle. Plus there will be a serious cut down on all those cumbersome pads.Coincedence?
I'd say more like Providence.


KatieVonbora
Junior Member
posted 01-24-2001 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for KatieVonbora   Click Here to Email KatieVonbora     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

(From remember)Remember your birth, how your mother struggled to give you form and breath.You are evidence of her life, and her mother's, and hers.Remember your father, his hands cradling your mother's flesh, and maybe her heart too.......maybe notHe is your life also.[This message has been edited by KatieVonbora (edited 01-24-2001).]

Marcus
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 01:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

WWII / Mark Driscoll,You may have had good intentions from the start but your presentation was twisted and was not of God. You have sinned over and over again and have yet to repent publically. You have played the role of God here, which you have no right to do. You have judged and hurt people with God loving hearts. You have degraded men and women and turned away non-believers. You have mocked those with powerful ministries and loving intentions.It doesn't matter if it was in the name of "love". I respected you opinion for awhile. It's about time though you repent and start over.This is wrong. Midrash has became a safe place for those who tell lies and hurt the Kingdom of God.
Midrash has become a place of lies and confusion.God is not confusing. This is not of God! Period!Repent!
In the name of God, Mark Driscoll, pray and repent for what you have created here!

Bryan
Administrator
posted 01-26-2001 02:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan   Click Here to Email Bryan     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Marcus-You forgot to preface your posts with, "In my opinion..." You make claims and accusations without evidence. Present the evidence to support your conclusions. Or, include the 'opinion' disclaimer.Also, I would be willing bet you don't even know Mark. Yes, some of the language and retoric of this Midrashic Adventure has been offensive. But offensive to you? Us? Or offensive to God? Mark Driscoll is the first person I have EVER met who clearly cares more about obeying, honoring and glorifying God than he does his fellow man. And you know what? This is SO unusual that it offends people. But does it offend God? I don't think so.Is Mark Driscoll perfect? He'll be the first to tell you he's not. But is he seeking to glorify God? I'll be the first to tell you he is. And you know what that means? It means he could give a rat's-ass what you think.In my opinion,
-Bryan


Marcus
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 02:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

This reiks of "Cult" ministry and IS offensive to God.
A man who cannot repent for hurting others should not be in ministry. Period.Hurting others because they are offended because of an opinion. Ok. I can deal with that.But putting down a persons prayer, not apologizing to a fello human being for innapropriately speaking to them, using profanity and God in the same sentence. Yeah, those are all wrong and an inappropriate way to minister.So the man's heart is good. That's just great. So he's not perfect. That's great too. Neither am I. But when I wrong someone, I epent and apologize to them personally. He hurt so many people with good intentions here it's not funny. He offended and hurt men and women of God. Men and women who DO live the way he was trying to present to everyone. He offended God and others.God can deal with it, others may not be able to.Why doesn't he at least make a disclaimer and say, "If you are a new Christian and don't wan't to be confused, and don't want to be offended, then this is not the place for you. This is a place for people who already know God and can deal with this style of "ministry".If he doesn't want new believers here, just tell them not to be here.If he doesn't want people to get hurt because they are not believers, tell them to stay away.This is my forum too right?Mark Driscoll, repent and change your ways!Since Mark claims to be a man of God, I do not need to worry about offending him.
Mark Driscoll, open your heart to God, repent, pray! Pray! Pray!

Marcus
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 02:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Not everything is an opinion!Mark Driscoll, In the name of God, repent for hurting non-believers and leading believers into sin!

Porkfry
Member
posted 01-26-2001 02:56 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Porkfry     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

What are you doing on Feb 3 at around 10:00 am? If you are interested I would like to take you out to breakfast and talk with you about Jesus and I would be very interested in hearing about your views on biblical manlyhood. If you are interested there is this little place I know called the Paradox.
My treat!!!
L8R
Porkfry


Marcus
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 03:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

PorkFry,I would love to but sadly do not live in your state. I would always be willing to chat over the phone or through e-mail though.
Let me know.
Peace

Mark Driscoll
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 04:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Driscoll     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

I spent the entire day praying in the mountains.I repented of every time I failed to speak truthfully to a guy when he deserved it since I began ministry. I prayed God's grace over everyone who is in sin and unrepentant that I know. I also asked God to clearly give me conviction about what He has for me. I was convicted that I have allowed love for certain men to cause me to be weak with them and that has furthered their error. I was convicted that I should have been a stronger leader for my wife earlier in our marriage. I was also convicted that I need to keep a tighter reign on my tongue because others use it to launch off into profanity that is purposeless and not edifying. I was also convicted that the problem is much bigger than I ever anticipated and that it will take a miracle of God's grace to change anything.I then repented of my fear and thanked God that He is my Father and not my therapist. I then drove home after promising Him that I would not back down unless He called me to. I wish it weren't this way. I wish I could be a regular guy that everyone liked who told them what they wanted to hear and affirm everyone else with sincere attempts to make things better. But, God was clear that I would be in sin and become exactly the man that I currently have my guns pulled on. So, scream away at this deaf man. For everyone else, I'll see you on February 3rd and we'll get to work...

TheOgre
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 05:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for TheOgre   Click Here to Email TheOgre     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Pastor MarkI don't know your e-mail, your address, phone number, or anything else, so I guess I'll just use this.I just wanted to tell you that I was greatly encouraged by your Bible study you hold on the SPU campus. I went to it for the first time this week. It was great to know that you treat the Bible with such respect, and as the word of God, and not a frog to be dissected. It was also interesting to see how, when I posted on this net that 99% of the people here don't believe that the Bible is historical, God brought me in contact with several really solid Christian guys.I don't think you understand, (or possibly you do) how good it is to have an older voice of experience on campus. A huge problem with college campuses is that the only men around are the profs. There aren't lots of examples of manly men strolling around on campus. Anyway, your Bible study on campus is a blessing to many believers there for more than one reason.- Tim

Mark Driscoll
Junior Member
posted 01-26-2001 05:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Driscoll     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thank you for the encouragement. I had the privilege of coming to Christ as a freshman in college. My first pastor was a man who spent a great deal of time with the colleged aged men, myself being one of them. At the time I did not understand how unusual it was for a pastor to teach a Bible study on campus and hang out with poor single men who would soon graduate and leave his church. It made a lasting impression on me and I benefitted from a pastor who could answer my questions and take a peek into my world. The college campuses across our nation are filled with some insane idea field-testing and I find that many students are open to rethinking their presuppositions about life and God but that if no one ever shows up to do so, then they unknowingly adopt some poor thinking. There is much more to be done, but I am grateful that some SPU students come out each week to consider some issues of gospel and culture.