Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pussified Nation page 3

 
page 3
Author Topic:   Pussified Nation
amnesiac
Junior Member
posted 12-13-2000 05:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for amnesiac     Edit/Delete Message

okay.
i am not a member of your church, but some one i respect very much, who attends your church
thinks extremely highly of you Mr. WallaceII. that is what brings me here. were i not a
christian, i'm not quite sure what i would think. whether you know who's who or not, it's
fairly easy to ascertain that you, Mr. WallaceII are in charge. as a human being, i
usually don't like enduring the company of a narrow, closeminded, rude, person who
pretends to uphold the bible, (you do actually have several very fine references), but
ignores other scriptures that rebuke his own line of thinking. here we go. i'm sure i
would be quite turned off to what your church is offering, were i lost myself. the
disclaimer at the bottom of the opening page of midrash states that "We are a diverse
community with strong convictions that also appreciates friendly dialogue and interaction
with people of differing views." It seems like your post should read, " hi, i'm a mand of god, I'm kind of an asshole, though so if I
don't like what you have to say, I'll bash you, make you feel ignorant, and less informed
on the true matters of spirituality than myself, and oh, if you're a woman, don't even
bother." Yeah, that's great, because that's what Jesus said to women too. "If you're a
woman, don't bother trying to get into heaven, 'cause you sinned first." I can't believe
you fucking took I Corinthians out of context. Maybe somehow, I'm more educated, than
you on this matter, (which would be extremely sad. I'm hoping it's not the case
honestly), but from what I understand about I Corinthians 14:33-35, it was written,
not because women didn't have a voice in the church, but because they were asking
about dumb shit, they should have brought up at home, and not in the middle of the
church service. Let me quote what the Life Application Bible, New International
Version has to say about this. "Does the mean that women should not speak in church
services today? It is clear from 11:5 that women prayed and prophesied in public
worship. It is also clear in chapters 12-14 that women are given spiritual gifts
and are encouraged to exercise them in the body of Christ. Women have much to
contribute and can participate in worship services. In the Cornithian culture, women
were not allowed to confront men in public. Apparently some of the women who had
become Christians thought that their Christian freedom gave them the right to question
the men in public worhsip. This was causing division in the church. In addition,
women of that day did not receive formal religious education as did the men. Women
may have been raising, questions in the worship services that could have been answered
at home without disrupting the services. Paul was asking the women not to flaunt
their Christian freedom during worship. Thge purpose of Paul's words was to promote
unity, no to teach about women's role in the church." Kind of put's it all in
perspective, kind of like you didn't. As for I Timothy 2:11-15, Timothy did not
say, "It is wrong for a woman to teach..." he said, "I do not permit a woman to teach...".
That's his deal. That's what he thought was right, not what God neccessarily thought.
If you're really concerned about following those scriptures, this is the place for women
to raise questions...not in a church service, but outside church. I don't remember Jesus
ever ignoring a woman. Correct me if I'm wrong (that's a sincere request, actually).
Mr. WallaceII. Much of what you have written about is based on some kind of church.
But let me be the first to say, that by discounted a person's words on the basis of
gender, by throwing caution to the wind and being offensive to make a point you can't
fully back up, and lastly by
putting your agenda ahead of your duty as a man of god to nuture and not tear down, you're
making a big fucking mistake. Because believe it or not, as much as you'd like to think
that you are challenging men to be more godly, riding all high on the buzz of your
manliness, quick wit, your holy, holey, agenda, you are not succeed, because you have
decided that offending many people unnessessarily, and getting your point across the
way you want to get it across, is more important, that speaking the truth in love,
which I'm pretty sure is biblical. Are you sure, that you're method is biblical?
Sure, sure, Jesus was offensive, and it was in love. I agree with Rex, that when Jesus
trashed the temple it was in love. But that was the only way, jesus could get his
message across, and he didn't do it with insults either. Do you think that when Jesus
helped the harlot, he was all, "Hey you fucking slut! What are you doing? Go and don't
screw up again, okay? I'm just telling it like it is, cause you being a whore and all
makes me sad and pissed off at the same time. I love you, really, it's just gosh, you're
so filthy." Hmmmm. In my eyes, you using the word pussified (a vulgar reference to
female genitalia), you picking on gay men (one extreme) over wife beating, beer guzzling,
manly men (the opposite and equally spiritually unhealthy extreme), and you ignoring
women when you feel like it, is kind of like Jesus calling the harlot a slut. I think
you have some ideas. Some revolutionary ideas. When I first heard of "the pussified
nation" I sided quickly with many of the things you said. Or apparently said, because
once I read it for myself, I thought, "This guy needs a taste of his own medicine. He
needs to take a good hard manly beating, and then some good hard dick in the ass, like
they do in jail," because if I dare say, many of those drop-the-soap-in-the-shower
rapists are what most of us would consider manly men. You just went to far. No one
needs to be insulted over this. You are a man of god. You have a duty to
uphold Biblical truth-not your own. If you can prove to me, that what you're doing is
totally Biblically kosher, I'm all ears. It sounds to me like you just have some kind
of aversion to homosexuality, since you immediately focused your attack on the homoerotic.
Plus, it's probably not a good idea to judge people like James Dobson. While I have
issues with him and his ministries myself, I don't discount the ministry he might have
to some. I'm not saying I never judge. I've judged you infact. But I'm human not
trying to pretend I'm not. I had other things to say, but I forgot. Please get pissed
off at me and write me back, insulting me not because I deserve it but because, I don't
share you're views. That would be quite in charcter for a man of God seeking
unity. Actually I will earnestly invite you're rebuke, because as you are a man of god, I'm
sure you have plenty of valid rebuke for everyone. So dish it out. I've got my faults,
many of which are apparent in my writings and arguements. Isn't that what this whole
thing is about? Owning up to mistakes, and reversing them? I'm man enough to own up to
the fact that I have my shortcomings. Are you?
[This message has been edited by amnesiac (edited 12-13-2000).]
IP: Logged
sinner-saint
Junior Member
posted 12-13-2000 09:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sinner-saint     Edit/Delete Message

WW2Do you feel your outrage, vulgarities, and complete disregard to serious questioners in this "midrash" fits a man of God? Not "manly" man, forget that rhetoric, but man of God? Are you trying your hardest to imitate an OT prophet? Are you willing to spout this message the same way in front of a congregation of 500? Should I go beat somebody's ass when they sin? Do you not see that you are in sin and should repent yourself? Are you "man" enough to face that? Are you "man" enough to repent to all who you've caused to stumble? Does it really make sense that men shouldn't beat women but at the same time beat each other with bloody fists? I want to puke, because I know who you are and I'm getting sick. Are you somewhere up that ivory tower? Is there some way I can come visit, or do I have to turn around and bend over so you can give me a good whoopin' first. How arrogant!Want to assume I don't love the woman God placed beside me? I do. And I freakin' screw up sometimes. And I love God. And He shows me my mistakes. The hurt that I see I've caused is a bigger ass-kick than your words of hatred. A godly man will keep his mind in the word and keep his eyes open. He'll take on his responsibilities with contentment because his eyes are on the One who put him where he is and his heart is soft to the unsearchable wisdom of the Lord Who is in control. And he'll learn to pray for discernment. He'll crave wisdom. He'll delight in God, he'll delight in his wife. A godly woman will respect him and trust him. Together they will serve God and seek His glory in their marriage. They will grow in love and faith, their hope will burn brightly. Amen.Want to change the world? Get on your knees. Whatever you bring to the Lord, believe that he has heard. When you get off your knees and tackle the situation you've just brought to Jesus in prayer, don't try to play his role. You aren't wise enough, you only act in disobedience and faithlessness. Keep strutting with all your pomp. You're sure to bring God glory that way. If that's your ultimate end...
IP: Logged
A_Corinthian
Member
posted 12-13-2000 11:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for A_Corinthian     Edit/Delete Message

I think we need to pray to God. Pray that godly men can have the courage to confront (be it fist, word, or action) other godly men (or at least men that are supposed to be godly) ........... and that those being confronted, would have the humility to repent, praise God and change. I still cannot understand why so many people are getting offended.
To those people who are, listen to what Reform said in an earlier post. "If you will recall the book of Acts (for those who read the Bible) when the apostles John and Peter were in Jerusalem, when they were fighting like men for a certain movement called "The Way". There was a meeting of the Sanhedrin (the religous leaders of the day) called to discuss what to do with the situation. A certain man named Gameleilo, (i misspelled that one) who also was the rabbi to the apostle Paul, gave some brilliant insight. He said something like, "If this movement is from men it will not last but if it is from God we will not be able to stop it and will find ourselves fighting with God." Trust God that he is in control, stop arguing, and see what God does (either bless the movement, or have other plans for it.But oh well, you dont have to listen to me, im just a corinthian.[This message has been edited by A_Corinthian (edited 12-13-2000).]
[This message has been edited by A_Corinthian (edited 12-13-2000).]
IP: Logged
hopeful
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for hopeful     Edit/Delete Message

I'm kind of glad WWII went a little overboard on this bb. For the people who know him, there will be a few less WWII wannabees and a few more imitators of Christ. Man is surely fallen, let us not follow man but christ.

IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Mr. Amnesiac - you're right, Paul wasn't speaking for God with authority when he wrote to Timothy. He was just blowing a few opinions. You're absolutely right. Therefore, Peter was also an idiot who screwed up when he said that Paul was writing Scripture (2 Peter 3:16). It is really helpful to see such a skilled theologian step up and pick a fight with his pants around his ankles and head between his legs. This is exactly why the movement is needed. Thank you for so skillfully proving my point. Please feel free to respond and further validate the cause. Please also feel free to use some Scripture. Maybe some of the stuff Moses made up, or that stuff John dreamt up on his day off, or my personal favorite that stuff where Jesus was thinking out loud and somebody accidentally wrote it down.
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Sinner-saint, if you know who I am then pick up the phone. We can settle this much easier than you whining on a global scale. You've taken all of this very personally. Maybe it's conviction.
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Galatians 2:11-14 "When Peter came to Antioch, I (Paul) opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong...When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, 'You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew..."[This message has been edited by William Wallace II (edited 12-14-2000).]
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

I Corinthians 5:5,12-13 "...hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. 'Expel the wicked man from among you."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Galatians 5:12 "As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves. You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' If you keep on biting each other watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Psalm 5:4-5 "You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

I Timothy 5:8 "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
IP: Logged
cell'me
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cell'me     Edit/Delete Message

Will,Do you ever listen to youself? Can you not hear the absurd hypocrisy in your last reponse to sinner-saint? Why is it that when you rant and rave about your perceptions on the state of manhood in society, it's revolutionary? However, when sinner-saint objects to the manner in which you convey this message you accuse him of "whining on a global scale"?Again, your posture of arrogance is in complete contrast to the Christ-hymn (Phil. 2:5-11) I mentioned in an earlier post. I suggest you refrain from slamming the use of Scripture by amnesiac until you have more fully evaluated your own.Again, I am not arguing your position because I disagree, but because it reeks of self-righteousness and hatred and demagoguery. Look up the definition, Will. I suspect you'll find (and others, too) your mode of argument fitting nicely there. And it's a mode of argument that does not belong - save for Jesus - in the Church. If you have neither the spirit, nor the gifting to couch your position in any way other than with violence, then step off. You dishonor Christ with your attitude toward others on this bb.
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Colossians 3:19 "Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Colossians 3:21 "Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

I Timothy 1:20 "Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

2 Corinthains 13:2 "I have already given you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others..."
IP: Logged
wifey poo
Junior Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wifey poo   Click Here to Email wifey poo     Edit/Delete Message

Hey Billy II--How about Ephesians 4?Be completly humble and gentle, bearing with one another in LOVE. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Hebrews 12:16 "See that no one is sexually immoral..."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Hebrews 13:17 "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."
IP: Logged
cell'me
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cell'me     Edit/Delete Message

Will,Exactly how, might I ask, do you parse out the Galatians 2:11ff text you refer to in your post.For me, the text is about correction not separation. You have continually divided this thread into the "manly men" and the "pussified" men. You're tone and your tact screams for separation, not correction. Any attempts to correct you have been met with hostility and lame insults.The sharpening is meant to go both ways. You are not above your own need for correction. Peter himself, the Rock who was there from the beginning, was not above correction from Paul. So why do you claim to be so much above us as to hammer away with impunity? Again, get off your soap-box and lose the arrogance.
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

I Timothy 2:11-12 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Titus 1:6 "An elder must be blameless, the husband of one wife, a man..."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

Titus 2:6 "Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled."
IP: Logged
William Wallace II
Member
posted 12-14-2000 01:55 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for William Wallace II   Click Here to Email William Wallace II     Edit/Delete Message

I Corinthians 11:7-9 "A man ought not to cover his head since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man."
IP: Logged
cell'me
Member
posted 12-14-2000 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cell'me     Edit/Delete Message

hey willy,Thanks for the lame, disjointed, disconnected biblical regurgitation. I am well aware of what the Bible says and does not say. Are you? Are you aware that you, yourself, are not blameless, as your citations note? Do you realize that you are only as much of a man as the men around you? Any pussified men in your life are a direct reflection of your own shortcomings and failures. Think on that.Consider what a lame, miserable job you have done to teach and correct - to disciple - young men on behalf of God. In short, you suck. You can't do anything more than blow hard and heavy about this miserable existence you've created by being pussified and now you yell at all of us to clean up after you. It ain't gonna happen. Not with your crappy attitude. [This message has been edited by cell'me (edited 12-14-2000).]
IP: Logged
Jebus
Junior Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Jebus     Edit/Delete Message

I wanted to say that this started out as something that had the possibility of being a really good thread. WWII pointed out early in his posts things that I agreed with. Great, ok so now what could be done to fix this issue? Yell people into submission? No! Prayer and just being involved in a community where God is lifted up and the men in the church are able to learn what their roles are. I don't like Youth pastor ship when it takes the place of parents teaching their kids about God. That is a cop out on the parent's part and it is also too much responsibility for the youth pastor that they shouldn't have. However I do disagree with slinging insults and one-upmanship. That's not what this place is for. When you signed up for your names when you registered you agreed to the following"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB." Now I am aware that we are not talking about copywritten information but the parts about abusive and profane and hateful language ring true. Cell do you really think he is going to answer you? I mean really? It's like throwing lighter fluid on an open flame. Regardless of weather or not this thread has gotten so much attention the point has been addressed and as "Men" and not "Pussified Men" we need to look at the situation and really address it and ways to fix it. That is what being a Manly Man is about. Not being some guy that can eat his weight in Steak, or chew through a led pipe. Although those are cool things if you are showing off, that is not the biblical issue originally addressed in this thread. It's easy. Just drop the bashing clubs and work towards a solution. Or you will go around in circles for another 50 or 60 freakin posts.
IP: Logged
sinner
Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sinner     Edit/Delete Message

"pleasant words (truth) are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - proverbs 16:24
IP: Logged
wifey poo
Junior Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:08 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for wifey poo   Click Here to Email wifey poo     Edit/Delete Message

wow cell'me....
seems you have a bad case of I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I!. This BB isn't written directly to you...unless you are feeling some conviction...The same tainted, human, loud behavior you find aborhent in Billy...you are now participating in.
Colossians 3:
As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience....Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.

IP: Logged
sinner
Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sinner     Edit/Delete Message

" what a man desires is unfailing love; better to be poor than a liar." - proverbs 19:22
IP: Logged
A_Corinthian
Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for A_Corinthian     Edit/Delete Message

hey cell me,
how can you state "Do you realize that you are only as much of a man as the men around you? Any pussified men in your life are a direct reflection of your own shortcomings and failures."?????? If that were the case with all men (before, present, and future), then your rational says any pussified men in Christ's life or the Apostles life were results of their "own shortcomings and failures". Of course if your statement is only applied to WWII, then this implies that you are speaking on a personal level. Thus stating that you are pussified (you said it yourself), and it's WWII's fault.
well, blaming another person for your sin is a pussified thing to do. Repent, Change, Praise...... but what do i know, im only A Corinthian.
IP: Logged
ReformUrAss
Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ReformUrAss   Click Here to Email ReformUrAss     Edit/Delete Message

Ezekiel 9:1-6
Then I heard him call out in loud voice, "Bring out the guards of the city here, each with a weapon in his hand." And I saw six men coming from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with a deadly weapon in his hand. With them was a man clothed in linen who had a writing kit at his side. They came in and stood beside the bronze alter.
Now the glory of the God of Israel went up from the above the cherubim, where it had been, and moved to the threshold of the temple. Then the Lord called to the man clothed in linen who had the writing kit at his side and said to him "Go through out the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it."
As I listened, he said to the others, "Follow him through the city and kill, without showing compassion. Slaughter old men, young men, and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my santuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple.

IP: Logged
A_Corinthian
Member
posted 12-14-2000 03:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for A_Corinthian     Edit/Delete Message

Amen, my brother
IP: Logged
Squatting Bear
Member
posted 12-14-2000 05:05 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Squatting Bear     Edit/Delete Message

I would like to concur with and reinterate the point Jebus made. Let's not get hung up on semantics or personal insults but rather let's discuss to seek a solution to the topic at hand; that is, what is it that makes a man, and how does a male know that he is or when he became a man? Does anybody have any ideas/familial or cultural traditions they want to share? We're going nowhere fast on this topic if all we're doing is arguing about who's offending who with what language. Start another topic posting if you have to cyber-vent about Wallace's language, BUT LETS STAY ON THE SUBJECT PLEASE!!!!
haboo

IP: Logged
sinner-saint
Junior Member
posted 12-14-2000 07:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sinner-saint     Edit/Delete Message

WW2It's been a day since I posted. A good day to think and struggle with this issue. I guess I reacted like I did because this ain't something I'm used to from anyone. Whatever.I agree with your words on the need for men to fill their God-given roles in community. It's a shame that anyone in the church who is Christ's can live hardened to His call to be a steward. Yet I point in a mirror because I can't claim to love God enough, give enough, serve Him enough, praise Him enough, love my neighbor enough, etc. Of course I can't. We are debtors always -- His grace is priceless. God loves me despite my total enmity and rebellion? Praise His Holy name! Where can I sign up?!

y'all --

Letting go of the ingrained habits and attitudes that God brings to light in us, that's where faith has a deeper meaning in our process of sanctification. One side of you wants God glorified, the other side wants to hang up the towel and live a life of cheap grace, fuzzy on the surface but dying inside. "What the hell? God forgives me. After all I'm sure He understands what I'm going through. He knows my heart, and He's already saved me. Halleluia. Let me continue to be an immature brat and resist God forever." That side of me sucks. I suck. But this isn't about me, it's about all of us, men... and women. And we all suck. Are we afraid to grit our teeth, fall on our knees, and resist temptation with the same vigor and wholeheartedness we ought to, in response to our LORD and Savior? Are we too lazy to devote time to studying God's word and understanding His counsel and command, and conform? Hope not, church! Cheap grace is no grace, it's disguised pride and rebellion. And as far as tithing, caring for widows and orphans, proclaiming the gospel to our neighbors, treating the opposite sex in accordance to Scripture, etc., you have every right to feel convicted and tremble if you're guilty of disobedience. Repent, but not in actions only. Let your actions be the true fruit of your heart! Repent and KNOW the Lord. It's quite possible to run around and busily try serving God (and fooling our neighbors) while we don't even know the God we try to serve. Serve God with all your heart was not one of the commandments. True servanthood and obedience is the outworking of genuine conformity to Christian character.So, get to know Jesus! And remember the one rule that never ever changes -- if you don't agree with what Jesus says, a) He's right and b) you're wrong. Amen.

IP: Logged
zugbot
Member
posted 12-14-2000 08:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for zugbot     Edit/Delete Message

The fact remains that in this age, hurting someone�s feelings is the capital crime. To say a person is wrong or is ignoring responsibilities that they clearly have the duty and the resources to meet are acts punishable by vilification (and, as manifested on this list, a lot of name calling and verbal castration).I need not parlay my experience in this area to any of you. Suffice it to say that I have lived this phenomena more up close and personal than many of you ever will, and this is what my experience taught me�We are living in an age when men and women confess Christ as Lord of their life with their tongues and disregard Him with their actions (and inactions). They say, �God is my king� and then prostrate themselves to idols of materialism, individual rights, apathy, convenience, and distilled selfishness � taking a shit on the very cross they confess.If you have any understanding of the deep tragedy of this, you will not avoid becoming profoundly grieved and angrily agitated. And if you follow through on your God mandated responsibility of calling the men and women in your life to turn from such behavior and toward God, then you too will be vilified.Even if you do it more gracefully than WWII.For that is the nature of Truth and the tale of His disciples.zugbot
IP: Logged
SouthTexasDeathRot
Junior Member
posted 12-15-2000 02:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SouthTexasDeathRot     Edit/Delete Message

WWIIYou strike me as an arrogant jerk on a testosterone trip. Come to a mosh pit with me sometime and then
we'll see who is pussified. Considering how often you post I would say you were the comp-geek spending
too much time looking for FREE internet Porno. (spending too much looking at others instead of in the mirror)

Let me make a few assumptions about you. You were born somewhere in the Midwest, your father skipped
out on you when you were a little boy, no male roll models in sight so you grew up from a bitter little boy
to a bitter big boy with a little knowledge about a God you perceive through tainted glasses. You look for
others to blame your alcoholism and "pussyness" on so you look completely past yourself and blame it on
others. Specifically our so called "feministic" society. I am guessing you are either a fresh out Baptist Bible
College grad, or a underpaid, under appreciated, overworked pastor in some Church on the verge of failing.
You are probably mid twenties to thirties, white, in a failing marriage, and having a hard time getting your
Sunday suit to fit over your gluttonous belly. You are extremely frustrated and I suggest either Marijuana or
professional help. They work about the same.
In closing, Frankly, Sir you seem to strike me as to why there are so many lesbians in this world.

�Penetrate all the simple minds. They adore you, what a when they stand in line. It's ok when they pay, they
say you've got the voice.�

IP: Logged
SouthTexasDeathRot
Junior Member
posted 12-15-2000 02:50 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for SouthTexasDeathRot     Edit/Delete Message

blah[This message has been edited by SouthTexasDeathRot (edited 12-16-2000).]
IP: Logged
newman
Junior Member
posted 12-15-2000 05:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for newman   Click Here to Email newman     Edit/Delete Message

hi.
someone in your church told me to check out the website. it kind of sucks because i was really looking for something. i don't really believe in god, but i'm haveing problems with drinking and depression and i really am searching for somehting. i just wanted you to know that after reading what kind of people you have in this mars hill, i don't think i'll ever go to church. you should all be ashamed of how you have represented your church to the world in the internet. fuck you all.

IP: Logged
cell'me
Member
posted 12-15-2000 08:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for cell'me     Edit/Delete Message

I'm answering the bell. Please accept my apologies for participating in this downward spiral of hurling insults and misrepresenting Christ with my words. That was, and is, the last thing I wanted to do.I would dare say that, yes, there is a certain amount of sensing my own conviction in responding to WWII's posts - in so far as we all exhibit the traits of a fallen and imperfect humanity. I, like all men, have fallen short in my faith and in my relationships with others and God. It hurts to remember them at times and to even know I'll keep on failing. What a worthless man of God I am at times.Yet, even more so, I believe (or hope) that I have vigorously responded because of the "bruised reeds" and "flickering flames" that Jesus reminds us he will never break or snuff out. And I have seen too many good, faithful people unnecessarily hurt and pushed away from the church by the very tactics employed by Wallace. For what purpose? To cleanse the temple or church? The temple Christ is most concerned with is the temple He has made in our bodies - our very lives! How can I, by His grace, be cleansed from within first - then moving outward in truth and love?newman - I sincerely pray that you do not take my own misguided attempts to stake out turf on this bb as any kind of reflection on the larger Mars Hill community. Although I am not a part of that community, I have great respect for what they are about in faith and mission. Don't let my episodes of anger and frustration here deter you from connecting with this community of faith.again, I apologize for my own sins of arrogance and anger and judgement against anyone on this board, or even those who may just be listening in. I ask for your forgiveness in this time.Prayerfully posted. [This message has been edited by cell'me (edited 12-15-2000).]
IP: Logged
A_Corinthian
Member
posted 12-15-2000 10:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for A_Corinthian     Edit/Delete Message

*****SOUTH TEXAS DEATH ROT- you did not describe wallice, you described me (except i dropped out of bible college, i grew up in cali, and im 23). Next time you want to rant on someone or something, try to learn more scripture than "I give you every seed bearing plant...... GEN 1:29 (?)... and remember to not take any speed at night before you hop on the internet at 2:50 am, it makes it hard to get some sleep (wow, talk about late. I guess you were bored at that time) . or were you waiting for your mommy to tuck you in bed??? OK, i'm sorry for that last remark, after all, i shouldn't pick fights with high school kids.
******Newman- I don't know ya, but if i stopped my belief in God every time some pagan out here in seattle told me that i hated gay people, that i don't believe in a woman's right to choose, or that im an asshole because of my beliefs, i would be just like them...... Don't hold God to the words of others, man!!! DO some of your own thinking, open up the bible and see for yourself. If this offends you, im sorry, im just tired of trying to candy coat the word of God and the actions his people do, just so i can try to win a soul??? Im afraid not anymore.
Don't drink, Don't be close-minded, And don't knock my church, or my God.....
----Corinthian
[This message has been edited by A_Corinthian (edited 12-15-2000).]
IP: Logged