Tuesday, January 28, 2014

HT Phoenix Preacher: Matt Redmond on learning as a banker what he did not know as a pastor

http://mattbredmond.com/2014/01/26/learning-as-a-banker-what-i-did-not-know-as-a-pastor/
a short excerpt:
...
I can honestly say I loved people while I was a pastor. But I look back, and if I’m honest, I admit I did not minister to them because I loved them. Concern for them was not a motivation, just a by-product of liking them and them liking me.

My love for the gospel motivated me. My love for my work motivated me. The need or desire to love people did not motivate me. I did not write lessons and curriculum and sermons out of love for the people I ministered to. I did not teach and preach and plan and counsel because of love for them. Love was present but not the driving force. ...

No comments: