Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Since it's that kind of year, here's an old sonnet I wrote during the last cycle

On election (04/07/08)

In all the steady hand of Providence
guides well except if, this election year,
the party I love lacks preeminence.
Then I will cry out with many a tear:
"My God, my God, why did you forsake me!
The person I want in office has lost!
In your wrath have you forgotten mercy?
Have it on me and not the foolish host!
Did you break your promise to do my will
That was given `ere the day I was born?
Or did my requests lack a prayerful skill
that You listened not, and I am forlorn?
In all things Providence can only be
The stuff that should be convenient to me!"

1 comment:

The Blog bites better than the Bullet. said...

excellent shakespearean analysis- much enjoyed! ;)