Friday, September 21, 2012

The newest (semi-Pelagian) installment is up for the Batman essays

http://www.mbird.com/2012/09/batman-the-agony-of-loss-and-the-madness-of-desire-pt-6b/

Now an alert reader may have noticed I'm not exactly what would be called semi-Pelagian in my views on soteriology.  However I do mean to be fair to how semi-Pelagians understand their own approach to soteriology even if that's not my view.  Yep, you would probably not be at all shocked if I said I subscribe to a monergistic soteriology ... or you may be scratching your head wondering what any of this means.  Well, no worries, you can read the latest essay in Batman: The Agony of Loss and the Madness of Desire and that may explain the concepts in narrative and character arc terms that may make the concept of synergistic soteriology a little easier to understand.

Plus it was obviously another wonderful opportunity to open with a quote from Solzhenitsyn. Batman and Solzhenitsyn don't seem like a bad combination to me, anyway.

No comments: