Thursday, August 16, 2012

HT: Jim West, Lectures on Adolf Schlatter

http://zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/lectures-on-adolf-schlatter/

Lectures given by Dr. Robert W. Yarbrough at Covenant Theological Seminary in 1995.

You can download them for free and give them a whirl, which I (obviously) plan to do.  I'm still slowly plodding my way through Schlatter's amazing commentary on Romans The Righteousness of God. Translated, obviously.  I wish I was fluent in German but my understanding is that Schlatter could be challenging even for native German speakers.

Knowing German would have made studying Haydn and Hindemith a little easier.  Haydn's easy to study here in the U.S. but Hindemith ... sometimes you can't find any cool analysis of his work done by English-speaking scholars but I'm not going to belabor that point too much.



No comments: