Monday, March 05, 2012

Chamber Music Week at Wenatchee The Hatchet

Yep, this week I'll be blogging about chamber music and particularly about chamber music written for the guitar. It may take a bit of time to put together everything I want to write about but for this chamber music week I plan on writing about selections by Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco and Ferdinand Rebay. So stay tuned this week and I plan to write about a few pieces in some detail and a bundle of pieces at a more general level.

You can anticipate a potentially lengthy discussion of Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco's Op. 206 Fantasia for piano and guitar seeing as a friend and I have been rehearsing the work for quite some time. I also intend to finally get to discussing Rebay's sonatas for oboe and guitar and his sonatas for clarinet and guitar this week. I may even manage to get to the quartets a helpful anonymous commenter pointed out for me.

I also managed to see Batman: Year One and the new Studio Ghibli film The Secret World of Arietty. This blog is seriously overdue for some written content about cartoons here. I'm more than happy to link to my essays about Batman: the animated series over at Mockingbird but I do like to write about cartoons here once in a while. I may have to save that stuff for later times and venues, though, since I'm kicking off chamber music week. So for folks interested in reading about chamber music for classical guitar here's hoping this week at Wenatchee The Hatchet is your week.

1 comment:

Paul Hardy said...

I am late to the party as usual -- just found your chamber music week nearly a month after the event.
Glad I did, however, and I will be buying the Rebay CD after this
Thanks