Wednesday, April 25, 2007

travelling

For the next month or so my blogging is likely to be intermitten. I found out i have work related travel plans. I will, true to comic book geeky self, make sure to catch Spiderman 3 before I have to be goin' to California with an achin' in my heart. Not really any ache but I just felt like quoting one of Led Zeppelin's over-exposed songs. But at least it's the Led Zeppelin song and not that incredibly stupid not-quite-remake Pearl Jam did ten years ago. Why they never got sued is beyond me ... maybe Page and Plant just have so much money they don't care.

Been watching sci-fi stuff lately. Mainly X-Files, one of the masterpieces of genre TV ... at least right up to the movie and then Carter should have dropped the show and gone on to new stuff. And a friend introduced me to Heroes, which I am enjoying immensely. It didn't seem too promising when I saw bits of the pilot on TV last year but I discovered the problem with pilots is that all they're doing is set up, not fleshing out characters for a series in ways that, unfortunately, always matter. Or maybe I just don't watch enough TV to know these things. Anyway, I gave the pilot and an episode or two a shot and found I really dug the show, particularly HRG and Claire for reasons I can't really explain. I just found myself liking those two characters a lot and the further along the series has gone the more I like those characters.

Well, that's about enough for now.

No comments: